Tuesday, August 11, 2009

all ten fingers, all ten toes

I survived.
By a hair.

No, I'm not saying that because I almost fell of a cliff... or even had a gun pointed at my face (I did have a gun pointed at me, but it was at a military checkpoint, so it doesn't count), but because there were plenty of circumstances where I felt I'd die of a heart attack.
The vibe this summer was... surreal, to say the least.
It was a war zone, plain and simple. The law vs. The criminals... and the criminals are winning, CLEARLY.

I spent a majority of the time crying... ok, not crying (I only did that at night, maybe four times in all), but I whined a lot. And I almost got on a bus to come back to Vegas 3 times.
My day consisted of: waking up as late as possible, that usually being 11AM, playing Guitar Hero World Tour (and mastering all 4 "instruments," including the vocals... where I learned I could probably replace Chris Martin in real life without anyone noticing... well, up until we'd have to go on tour or film music videos, where they'd see that no, I am NOT an emaciated British man) from 12-2PM, watching my soap opera from 2-3, studying for the GRE from 3PM to 6PM (I looked FORWARD to this! Can you believe that?!), preparing to go out to the park from 6-7, going to the park and sometimes playing volleyball (when the dumb cunts would let me... my God, was there hostility towards me this year!) from 7-9:15PM, moping around the house until my brain couldn't take it anymore and gave up the fight against the sandman... which would be around 1 AM.
I avoided going to the "cities," out of fear of bumping into the "Zetas."

All in all... it was terrible.

And no... it DID NOT help me forget the June Cancun Debacle.

(However, coming home sure felt great... my friends are the shit!!!)

3 comments:

Native Minnow said...

Glad you made it back safely. The stories I read about the state of things in Mexico are scary, and that's the understatement of the year.

AnoMALIE said...

indeed it is... considering how international news channels only mention maybe 25% of what goes on, or they mention it days after it actually happened (like how they found the world's largest location of synthetic-drug production. that place was found about 5 days ago, and where else, but in my beautiful state of Dgo... in a place that's about 3 hours away from where I stay)

I'm sooooo glad to be out of there!

Kelley Karas said...

Damn :( If you are ever bored/wanna hang out/party like I'm not a rock star (;)) just gimme a call.