Thursday, September 4, 2008

Note to self No. 236465

When taking a shower, and it comes time to scrub your face, do not, I REPEAT: DO NOT inhale in any way while the soap suds are still on your face.

I nearly killed myself today.
It would have been an embarrassing way to go, too.
Imagine... I'm minding my own business, taking a shower after the most arduous (DANCE-FREE!) kickboxing class that left me drenched in sweat.
Everything was fine... up until the scrubbing of the face.
I love soap suds... so I usually have a ton of them on my... what are they called? It's not a loofah... but one of those... I call them "bath thingies" made of like... bundled up... plastic? I don't know.
Anyway, it came time to scrub my face... it had a bunch of soap... and for some reason... I had the desire to... I guess... sigh... and yes, my mouth was covered by the soap... and BAM! I started to choke.
I swallowed more soap than I imagined... 'cause I started hacking up soap suds like some rabid dog.
The taste sucked... my lungs hurt... and I was coughing so viciously that I almost passed out.
The only thing that kept me sane and coherent in that moment?
OH HELL NO! NO ONE'S FINDING MY DEAD BODY LIKE THIS!

So... after about half an hour (yeah, I kid you not!), I went to my sister's room,

Me:
Don't worry, I'm alive!
Sister: Oh... I thought you were barfing...


then I continued to spit out soap for another hour.

Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Native Minnow said...

This is sooo funny.

Note to self, don't inhale the suds.