Friday, October 24, 2008

I saw

Last night I was invited to the world premier of Saw V.

Since I'm desperately seeking distractions in my life right now (I'm still walking around the house crying and whatnot... I got the whole "La Llorona" thing down pat for now... I just don't go around asking for the whereabouts of my children), I agreed to go.
I was supposed to go to my cousin's wife's baby shower... but I only dropped by for about ten minutes and left (TravelinDin and I are pretty pissed at that family right now).

Anyway... the premier was at Planet Hollywood and it took for-fucking-ever to get the damn movie started.
There was a redcarpet going on and everything... but you see, I didn't really give a shit since I don't really know the actors in the damn movie.

We were given free, unlimitied amounts of popcorn of various flavors... I ate 3 bags, to tell you the honest truth... because I don't turn down free shit... and i was interested in knowing what three of those flavors tasted like.

Anyway, once in the theater, we were introduced to 5 of the actors... then came Jigsaw himself.
While everyone was ecstatic to see him on stage... I couldn't stop thinking "Wow... I saw this man's penis in the last movie.... ewww... old man penis... " and I stopped eating my popcorn.

The movie itself was... a disappointment. You know in the last few minutes of the film where they start playing that little music as they start unraveling the truth behind the game and we're told who did what and why? Well... for all the previous movies, I've been able to unravel the truth before they even start playing that damn little music.
But this time, once I heard the song begin, I became irritated.

WTF?!? NO! WHAT?! No way! This sucked! Stop! Stop right now and fix this!


There were people outside getting our reactions. My reaction?
Each time I come out of these films... I have a new found appreciation for my body parts...
Any other comments on the movie?
[I walk away]

I'm glad I didn't cough up the 10 bucks to see this film, like I had originally planned. I would have been pissed (I mean, I was already pissed now, when they had given me unlimited, free Jalapeño-flavored popcorn and fountain drinks... AAAAAND I had met Jigsaw and thought about his penis).
And the gore in it? Eh... it was... kind of funny, to tell you the truth.

Overall:
Saw creators.... your plot SUCKED.
(But the VIP treatment did rock...)

2 comments:

Ryan Davies said...

I'm seeing SAW V for free tomorrow because I know someone who works at the cinema. Although I'm a big SAW fan, I'm glad to know that it'll be free.

Native Minnow said...

I haven't seen any of the Saw movies. I probably never will.