Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ah! My Boy!

I've blogged since Senior Year of high school.
Back then, I took it a lot more seriously, and my life was much more interesting.
I had a relatively large following for a 17 year old... and only 2 of them were teens.

I was extremely fond of one reader, he was almost 10 years my senior, but man, he was hilarious... most importantly, he found ME hilarious. He followed me from my humble beginnings up until my sophomore year of college. We'd instant message each other, post photos, send each other words of encouragement... he even gave me a much needed physics book when I was having an incredibly shitty time with that bullshitass class. Then, he suddenly stopped. He was nowhere to be found... he just got disconnected and dropped from the face of the Earth.

Just as suddenly as he disappeared from my life, he reappeared. I saw him again... yesterday... on television.... with a gold medal around his neck.

JESUS CHRIST.... I WAS FRIENDS WITH AN OLYMPIAN AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT!!!

I would mention who it is... but no, I won't... I'll leave it up to you to figure it out.
If I've ever had a missed opportunity... this one must rank in the top 3.

I'm glad he's alive, though... for a minute there, I thought he was dead.

2 comments:

Kelley Karas said...

Is it a snowboarder? If so, dayum.

Mooney said...

That happened to me too, the blog friend who you're uber close to and then disappears without a word. My guy reappeared though after searching for me from my old blogs at the time Maryland and I broke up. Best time of my life to have him back! Then he disappeared again...it sucks. :[

Atleast you know you're buddy is doing well!