Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's 2010

Valentine's 2010 was slow at the start.
Big difference from last year... where I was woken up with English muffins, followed with a nice kitchen conversation, a trip to Monterey Bay Aquarium, side trip to Salinas and some sort of racetrack, karaoke party, and finally a nice little bowling session to end the night.
And let's not forget, my TWO Valentines that day (although... well, one is the absolute owner of my heart and the other is my awesomely awesome guy friend that rents a bit of my heart because he knows how to make me laugh)... and an actual gift.... and the following day going to San Jose to a jazz concert where MGH and I pinched each other in order to stay awake... sat awkwardly together during "My Funny Valentine"... and then walked under the same umbrella to stay away from the rain...
Yeah... last year was the fucking shit.

This year I sat at home with a stomach ache... watched me some Olympic footage... cried a little over my tummy pain (I swear, I'm under some sort of voodoo spell or something... my stomach has been killing me for over a month now!) and then got a phone call from Valentine'09 #2... aka Awesomely Awesome Friend aka MGH's bro.
That kid makes me smile.
:)
Afterward, I got a text from MGH.
AND of course... it made my day.
I'm so stupid.

Then I advised my godson on girl issues he's having... and he gave me some kind words that made me smile.
Overall, it wasn't THE best Valentine's day of my life...
but I totally got by with the help of my friends.
And that's what it's all about.

No comments: