Sunday, February 7, 2010

Three times over

This past week I've dealt with the death of my mothers uncle... as in, my recently deceased grandmother's younger brother (he was 84... the baby boy of the family, I guess. It made me... sort of smile, when my 87 year old aunt sobbed and said she was sad because her "little brother was so young!" I just sat there... quiet... I'm sure I'll refer to my little sister as "little sister" when I'm 87 and she's 85).
It has been exhausting. I hate having to see family upset, and it breaks my heart to hear anyone cry. It just beats me up worse than an intense kickboxing session.
For the funeral, we sat with the family... since they told us to... and it was odd to hear others give ME condolences. I also didn't have the heart to go up to the coffin and see my uncle, because he was damn near identical to my grandma.

Anyway, on to the point of the story:
As my sis and I sat at the funeral, we saw some random lady approach my mom, and both would talk and turn back to stare at us at moments. What did she say?
"I just had to come over and let you know that you have two of the most beautiful daughters I've ever seen! After asking around, they told me that what they have in beauty, their personality outshines three times over. For that, I just had to congratulate you."

I feel like I have to buy this lady a house now...
...
wtf?

No comments: