Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bluh-duh

(Mom, Sis, and I are sitting at the table drinking tea. I look down at my mug as I drink)
Me: Ah, man, what the fuck?! Why does my cup have blood all over it?
(what appears to be blood drops run down a side of the mug as well as the inside rim, and handle. Not huge drops, ok, the one on the side is a long smear, but the other ones are small ovals)
Mom: It's not blood...
Me: Uh... didn't you guys have steak for dinner tonight? And this fucking mug was sitting in the "dry" side of the sink. Shit... this is why I HATE having the dishes sitting out there as you guys make dinner... a bloody fucking dinner! You guys just splatter that shit everywhere.
Mom: Oh... well... yeah... we made steak...
Me: Let me guess, Dad prepared it? He's such an animal...
Sister: No! There was also an empty wine bottle turned upside down in the dish rack... I bet it's wine!
Me: No, this shit looks like blood!
Sister: You know, there's only one way to settle this!
(Sister grabs mug, and proceeds to lick the long smear of blood)
Sister: ... yeah... ok... it is blood.

And I'm the one with the parasitic infection...

No comments: