Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Not to my daddy!

I don't think there's a person out there who enjoys seeing their parents upset... well, maybe if your parent is an undeniable piece of shit human... but other than that, I don't think anyone of sound mind enjoys his or her parent's pain.

Yesterday my Pops came home so upset, he didn't eat dinner and he went straight to sleep-- at 7 PM.
This man loves food.
He also brought home a dozen fancy donuts he hadn't touched. He had been planning a surprise for Mom and I... but instead, he just left the box of untouched donuts on the kitchen counter and went to bed.

Daddy was upset... wildly upset, and this of course, crushed me for Daddy.

My dad is honest to a fault, way too many people judge him a dumbass for this reason (myself included, much to my shame). Nothing upsets him more than being accused of dishonesty, and yesterday, that's exactly what happened.
A high way patrol man staked out his place of work for forty minutes, harassed my mom about my dad's whereabouts, and waited for Dad to return from a cement job he was working on.
Once Dad arrived, the cop accused my dad of causing an accident on the highway after his truck spilled rocks over a car. The driver of the car filed the report saying he had pulled over to a rest stop and spoke to my dad who had supposedly assumed responsibility.
1. During the time the report was filed, Dad's truck was empty, he has the receipt from the gravel company stating his fill up time as 14 minutes after the report was filed.
2. Dad NEVER spoke to anyone. He never pulled over at said stop. Luckily Dad, due to his years in the truck-stop game (44), is close friends with the owner of the truck stop in question, and he now has footage of what transpired in that location... you know, the fact that he was NOT THERE.
3. Since when the fuck do cops respond to "minor" accidents? Didn't we recently change that rule and now there has to be a serious injury in order to get cops involved? Who the fuck is this driver to have so much importance to call on a cop to pick up his case over a fucking broken windshield?

Dad was most bothered by the fact that the douchebag claimed he had spoken to Pops, also upset over how the cop treated him and my mother, and more upset over the fact that Pops lost his cool and dropped numerous curse words in his ire.

Hearing all this, and seeing my poor dad's defeated look when he walked into the house yesterday fucking gutted me... then infuriated me.

You know, I defend the law enforcers damn near blindly. I like to imagine a world where there is no corruption and shit like that... because I can only stand ONE Mexico-level of corruption in my life, and that spot is taken by Mexico.
You hear all these fucked up stories of cops doing shitty things, and think "Well, what the fuck was the douche bag civilian doing to piss off a cop like that?" And when the answer is "He was an honest Mexican business owner"... it makes the pit of my stomach hurt and my mouth/throat run dry.
It's scary and sad and infuriating and confusing.
What do you do?

Uncool. So uncool.

No comments: