Tuesday, June 3, 2014

All of it?

Planning any trip has been a complete fiasco this year.
I'd be more upset about it, however, seeing how it has been happening with every single planned trip, I can't help but see it as a sign.

This Cancun trip... goddamn.
It was meant to be strictly relaxation time... with a few friends. Just chill time by a body of water, with the daily trip to the bar to passionately scream at whatever soccer match would be going on... with some more relaxation afterward.

So far, everyone has had to work during the week we have planned for the vacation... all except one, because she's unemployed.
This woman? My mother's sister.
"Just pay for your plane ticket, and your dinner, and you're good," my mother told her.
This seems reasonable, right? We're footing the cost of the rooms... that's reasonable as fuck, if you ask me.
Well, now we're not on speaking terms with the woman because she's PISSED we asked her to pay for her own fucking plane ticket... despite my mom telling her she'd pay for the room and one of her meals each day.

...
I don't get that shit. I don't get it AT. ALL.
I'd be angry about it, but this seems to happen so much with my dad's side of the family, I've pretty much gotten over others feeling entitled to free shit from us (a few weeks ago, Dad's little sister ASKED for a house... no lie... a fucking house). Well, I'm over feeling enraged... that is, I feel sad now, but not angry.
I'm increasingly upset now because my mom's sister is the culprit behind this latest episode of... entitlement... and then for her to act like the offended party.
... What?

So... my mother is sad, because this is something she has always had to deal with since her childhood (her family was the richest in the town, so others were always taking advantage of her siblings and her), which has now reached a new level because it's now her sister who has once again tried this sheisty move.
And me? Well, I'm just dumbfounded by it all. Oh, I'm also frustrated... you know, because nothing is working out.

I just want to be far, far away... disconnected from everyone and everything... occasionally laughing in the company of strangers... but all signs point to me staying put in my good ol' hometown.

Blahhhhh.
People are interesting.

No comments: