Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Leg one

Well this has been a trip.
I have no idea how this will be posted, but it's 11:21pm, Wednesday the 3rd (shit, at least I think it is).

This has by far been the worst trip I have ever taken up to date.
Not even that godforsaken 36 hour bus ride in the summer compares to this shit.
First off, I was puking up a storm before even boarding the plane... before leaving my house.
On the flight (it was great. It took off on time and everyone was very courteous. I guess the only thing that sucked for me was how I could hardly understand them, since they mostly spoke German the majority of the time) everything was fine for the first three hours-- I was knocked out.
Then hour four struck, and all hell broke loose with my body.
I can only blame the food for the disaster-- the SMELL of the food.
Back in '09, I had a chicken sandwich on a flight headed to Mexico City, on our way to Cancun. As we chilled in Mexico's airport, I was barfing up a storm.
Ever since that ugly episode, I've been extremely sensitive to smells on planes... they fuck me up. Anything that resembles a chicken sandwich fucks me up.
Guess the meal of the day on this 12 hour plane ride. Chicken. With bread on the side.
I fucking blew chunks like a motherfucker.
The moment I felt I was going to lose control, I looked out the window and began "thinking happy thoughts." Bunnies. Puppies. Kitties. Baby ponies running amok in the fields. Butterflies fluttering.
All to no avail.
For the first time in my life, I used an airplane's bathroom. First time ever. At 29.
So there I was, barfing in this confined space, trying to regain my composure.
After about what felt like half an hour, I braved it out the bathroom, to make eye-contact with my flight companions. I'd have to say they all had the look of pity for me... I bet they thought I was pregnant.
I chilled in my seat for two movies ("Boyhood" and "How to Train Your Dragon 2"-- don't judge me for that one... I was told I was going to like it, and I sure did. I sat there like a fucking five year old, crying at the end. Oh well, at least it took my mind off how sick I was feeling), and then BOOM! Here we go again, race to the bathroom. This second time was far more frustrating, because it happened during breakfast service... so I very desperately had to wait for the cart to and flight attendants to get the fuck out of the aisle (the bathrooms at the back were occupied by far smarter people than yours-truly). Eventually I made it to the bathroom and continued with round two. Again the looks of pity.
To feel better, I went ahead and watched my final movie-- "Guardians of the Galaxy." And I cried. Multiple times.
I was feeling a little better, and thought I'd be much better after arriving... but arriving was the issue. My ears were FUCKED. UP. I don't know what the issue is, all I know is that the change in pressure really fucks up my inner ear. It feels as though my ears will explode... my fucking HEAD will blow up. Like an icepick is being shoved into each ear, down to my fucking trachea.
But I finally make it to Zurich.

I'll talk some more about that shit later. I now have to log off and allow my brother to use his computer.

No comments: