Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Rainy days always suck

It has been a rainy day.
Today we decided to venture out and find a grocery store.
Of course we got lost. In the rain.
Of course this pissed me off.

Eventually we found our way to the "food store."
This language barrier frustrates me more than the German language barrier. I look at the letters and all I can think of are my math and science classes. Some of these letters I haven't seen since my calculus days-- eleven years ago.
I sit there and smile... only know how to say "thank you," just "efcharistó."
Reading is out of the question.

LUCKILY, people here are very kind. The moment they see me smile and shyly whisper "efcharistó" their faces light up and they try to speak some more greek... only to have me say "english?" and they switch to english for me.

Frustration runs high currently. People are frustrated because they've been locked in the house... by people, I mean Pacemaker. She's here and is frustrated by the fact that we've wasted all day today locked in.
I could rant about this for a good number of paragraphs, but I'll just say her frustration is only building up my own frustration and irritation.
I'm here to see my brother... not be anyone's tour-guide. If there's time to sightsee, cool, if not, who gives a fuck? Calm your tits, or go out and venture on your own-- my brother's house isn't going anywhere.

Hopefully tomorrow's better.

No comments: