Friday, January 1, 2016

Alas pa volar

Resolution checklist time!

I kept uttering "2016... goddamn, what a fucking horrible sound... 2016," last night. I actually knocked out HARD last night from 7pm until 11:57pm, when my neighbor set off a massive fireworks display (the dude makes bank with his business, spends his dough throwing parties). My internal clock is FUCKED.

Anyway, my resolutions.
Let me start with what I wrote last year:

I guess I'll go ahead and do some resolutions.
1. DROP THE FUCKING COOKIES, ANoMALIE! I will go back to my strict "clean" eating (I fucking hate that term). I won't be as much of a nazi about it, though. Slap me if I ever try lecturing you on the "evils" of certain foods. You like sugar/salt/tasty shit and you're happy with your image? Well, shit, that's all that matters (well, as long as you're not acquiring diabetes or any of those health problems). And please, for the love of my sanity, don't try bullying me into eating after I tell you No. Bad things happen when people don't respect my "No."
2. I WILL NOT BE A CUNT! This is what? My 20th year saying this?
3. I will take time-outs. I won't try and act like everything is OK, and allow bad shit to accumulate, only for me to have major melt-downs like I tend to do. If something bothers me or upsets me, I won't subject myself to "roughing it." To "power through." I'll straight call a time-out and just... leave. Chill time... I'll have chill time.
4. DON'T TALK SHIT. Walk away, Holmes, walk away.
5. Don't let trolls get the best of me. I learned there are a good few people in my life who actively seek to rile me up. Why they enjoy this is beyond me... makes me sad FOR THEM... because there are much more interesting things out there to do besides upsetting me... but to each their own. I'll do my best not to give them any satisfaction.
6. My most ambitious move EVER: I'll sell one of my works. I don't know what... but it'll be ANYTHING, for WHATEVER price... just not free. I've sold two photographs in the past, but everything else I've given away for free. I won't specify whether it'll be a short story, or a painting, or a photograph... just anything my two hands have created.


I also wrote how I was going to neglect anything having to deal with relationship goals, because it's a non-existent point in my life... at least I was right about something for once.
Anyway, let's check how faithful I was to my goals. Ha.
1. HAHAHAHA. No. Hell nah, son. Know what I did each time I went on vacation? I ate motherfucking cookies, chocolate, pasta... every fucking little thing I WANTED. Although... this year ice cream was noticeably missing from my life. That was strange, since ice cream is fucking life, but... I just didn't crave it in 2015. I also didn't gorge on food... I didn't really give a shit for food, is all.
2.  I win! I was not a cunt. Well, once or twice I showed my sharp teeth... but it was fucking warranted. I DID NOT act like a cunt to people out of the blue. I hadn't been so mellow in years... probably because I genuinely quit giving a fuck. Shit happens when you die on the inside... like you chill the fuck out.
3. Not sure how to count this... because I did keep things to myself, and I did have MASSIVE emotional explosions (I had my worst case on December 10th, where I even lost my voice for a day from how incredibly loud I got. It was fucking terrible). However, I had A TON of chill time. Call this a half-half? Null point?
4. I do not think I did much shit talking. I didn't do much talking, PERIOD. I'll consider this a win, because I can count on one hand the number of people I shit talked. Only one was undeserving.
5. Again, this is a toughie. I was enraged a couple of times in 2015, especially that one time I found one of my paintings vandalized. I should have been cooler about the situation, but seeing something so personal to me physically ripped hurt me... and made me flip out. I did let that kid get under my skin. But I was a lot better at not getting neurotic about the assholes who purposely ignore me on social media... SO, I'm calling this a win.
6. Ding Ding Ding! I win! I sold a painting! I didn't sell for the conventional cash money, but something more important: chocolate. Hahahaha. Whatever, I'll take it. It fucking counts.

Look at me, I win. Ha! The beauty of low expectations.
Something that also happened in 2015 is that I once again visited a new city/country that year. I hit up Prague in the summer and that was by far one of the best decisions ever taken, I even made a new friend there. Totally unexpected, and not something I had ever thought of doing, but there I was... suddenly on a plane, en route to a country where I don't even know how to say "hello," hitting up a pole dancing competition... drinking pilsner all day, every day.
Spontaneity. I like that shit. I'm doing it 2016.
Be spontaneous.
I will not be mean.
That's all.

2016... I no longer know what to say, or wish, or think.
Whatever happens, happens. I'm just winging it.

No comments: