Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap on

I've had four people wish me a happy birthday today.
Though I seriously was NOT born on Leap Day, it still made me smile-- each time.

I'm at a completely different place than I was last year.
I feel like such a tool saying that line... but it's true. I think about last year-- how it felt, how it looked-- and it has nothing to do with how I feel today.
I'm not ecstatic, or even happy... but I definitely do not feel lost, or worse yet, suicidal.
I'm ok. Totally fine.
But not fine enough to remain on social media to hear the congratulations from people who don't give a shit about me... and especially not to see those who TRULY don't give a shit about me go out of their way to NOT wish me a happy birthday. It's all such a weird, paradoxical bunch of "logic," that I prefer not to have to deal with it at all.
Social media ruins everything, so I deleted it for now.

I don't want to think about anything.
I don't want to feel anything.
I don't want to deal.

I am just going to chill. I'm going to draw and chill... and paint.

Just another day, kiddo, let's move it along.
(I'm glad I was gifted an extra day to enjoy 30 years on this planet, before adding that extra "1" afterward)

No comments: