Thursday, August 23, 2007

Cheers, to the worst summer ever:

Being that Summer is virtually over for me, and I have yet to recapitulate my stay in Mexico (I had planned to do it with pictures and such, but that would take a long time... and I don't really want to pour so much time into this since I've been in a "I love my Big Brother" mood. Kid's leaving tomorrow... so this past week I've been hanging out with him and being very sisterly to him... you know, by like, screaming at him and stuff... calling him a monster when he downs 8 rolls of sushi at the sushi buffet.. etc, etc), I've decided to post a survey I recently did to explain the jist of my summer break:

1. Did you hookup this summer?
Hook up? Playa, please! Does it sound like something this girl would do? Pshhhhh.

2. Go on vacation?
I wouldn't call it a vacation... it was just... me out of the country for a month. Vacation it was not.

3. Spend the night in a hotel?
ummm... I think that would be a negative... yeah, negative.

4. Did you go to any camps?
As in what little kids are sent to by their parents for the summer? No. I've never gone and I fear it might be too late for me.

5. Did you go swimming at all?
YESSS! And I got one sweet ass tan. For the first time in my life, I arrived to Mexico darker than when I departed.

6. Did you get heartbroken?
Ummm... not in the conventional sense (some guy making me cry, yada, yada, yada). Mexico broke my heart, BIG TIME.

7. Any fights with friends?
this summer was sweet when it came to friends. I did not fight once with anyone, really.

8. Was your birthday over the summer?
Hell nah. Then that would make me an outgoing person... which I'm not. I'm a calm March baby.

9. Did you go to any parties over the summer?
of course, I'm Mexican.

10. Did you go to any beaches over the summer?
Not this year, although I had this strong desire to go to one, out of the blue, around May/June.

11. What illegal things did you do?
I can honestly say everything I participated in this summer was legal... no, wait... we crossed way more liquor over the border than permitted... we just never admitted to carrying so much. "We have some bottles in the back" was translated as "We have two bottles in the back" by the customs officers. Not my fault.

12. Did you get any haircuts?
In July I snipped my hair a little.

13. Did you go over your minutes?
Never. I didn't even use my phone for a month.

14. Did you go shopping?
Did I!!

15. Did you dye your hair?
Nope. Haven't done so in years... but I might start because while in Mexico I found a gray hair smack dab in the front of my head... which upset the shit out of me.

16. Sing?
Wooooooooo. I even sang along with *FamousGirl*("Yeah!!!" was practically all I said... but hey, no one else was helping her out. Wankers.)

17. Did you go to a barbeque?
I... yes, I did. Originally it was going to be an outdoor thing, but it rained that day, so it turned to this indoor thing where I sat in the living room and watched some Chris Angel program, as well as Jeopardy, because I was missing the U.S. and English television. I also didn't eat anything, so it was kind of pointless.

18. Any friends really piss you off over the summer?
one person pissed me off to the point where I wanted to punch her, but I held back because I'm civilized. ha. Also because had I hit this person, her family would probably hate me forever, and that I would not be able to stand.

19. What time did you usually go to bed?
around 2 in the morning. A girl's gotta watch her novelas (it did suck though, because they switched off the satellite providing the Univision channel at 1:30AM... and my favorite soap opera ended at 2AM. That soap's final episode was on the 9th of this month... so for the freaking second time in my life, I missed the last 30 minutes of the final episode of the soap. I have yet to know how that fucking thing ends... after 5 fucking years of waiting. Stupid Mexico and their hillbilly ways of shutting off the satellite for the night. Apparently they don't have insomniacs over there)

20. What was the latest you ever stayed up over the summer?
this one time I stayed up 'til around 6AM because I was worried out of my mind.

21. What time did you usually wake up?
11 AM because I always wanted to catch the last hour of "Hoy." I freaking love that program.

22. Most memorable things about this summer?
The movie nights... hanging out in Tepehuanes... the Pizza in El Rincon.... that stupid ass "lunada" that never came to be... gym time... swimming while gossiping... overall, the people I hung out with... they were awesome, every single one.

23. Who did you meet this summer?
I met Marisa, the girl who hates the word "poop" and any references to taking a shit as "going number two." I also was introduced to two boys my sister's been cool with for a while, no, make that three. I had the pleasure of hanging out with one of them for a while (funny guy. I'll think of him as "Molasses-Flavored Jelly Bean" forever. He, on the other hand, will remember me forever as "Frost-Bite girl").

24. Did you have a job over the summer?
I sort of took care of my grandma... in the sense that I had to sit there with her for hours whenever Mom had to run errands... which always happened to be at the good times of the day. I guess you could say I was a nanny... made sure grandma didn't grab any sharp object... open any doors where a big scary dog might be found... that sort of stuff (I tried talking to her... but she'd ignore me-- "It's because I'm tan, isn't it?"--. I gave up after a while)

25. Lose something this summer?
YES!!! 200 pesos and it fucking ruined my night!! You know how much shit I could have bought with 200 pesos? Sure, it's less than 20 bucks, but shit... in Mexico it takes you a long way! Stupid baggy pants...

26. Did you go to any ice cream places?
Yes siree Bob. Did I buy any? No (what the fuck was wrong with me this summer?). Hold on, I did have ice cream in Carreras, so I wasn't that off-kilter.

27. Did you get sick?
sort of. I had a tiny cold for a while.

28. Go to the lake?
nah.

29. How about a mountain?
Tepehuanes/Santiago is ALL mountain... let's not forget the road to Tepehuanes... that shit's ALL scary ass Sierra.

30. What was the most expensive restaurant that you went to over the summer?
Hahaha... I think Costa Brava takes this. My brother nearly had a heart attack when he saw how expensive shrimp cocktails were.... but it was still cheap... I suppose.

31. Have you gotten your schedule for school yet?
yep. I worked it over the last couple of days.

32. Are you pleased with it?
I suppose. I'm taking two classes just for the hell of it. I'm reluctant to admit my journey's almost over. I guess you can say I'm in denial.

33. Are you afraid of school honestly and what might happen?
A tiny, itsy-bitsy, almost-insignificant amount. I fear what the hell I'm going to do next. I'm going to be one of those confused graduates who just kind of stand there like "WTF?"

34. Do you have any doubts in the back of your mind on whether or not you'll still be good friends with your old ones?
nah.

35.Are you going to the same school as last year?
yes... much to my dismay.

36. Have you started practices for sports, band, theatre etc. for school already?
hahaha.... riiight.

37. Did you go see any new movies in the theatre?
June/July I watched them in actual movie theaters... in Mexico we watched bootleg copies of the movies that were still in theaters... which was fun.
(Day 1)
Diego: TRANSFORMERS!!!
Godson: Shut the fuck up with your transformers, already! We watched that yesterday!
(Another day)
Diego: Oye... lesss wassshhh "Trasssformersss!"
19-year-old-Casanova: Next time I hear you say 'Transformers,' I'm kicking your ass, DiegA!
(another day)
19-year-old-Casanova: What should we watch today? And NO, NO TRANSFORMERS!
Diego: Hey! Hey! Hey! Let's watch.... Trasssformerssss!
Everyone: NO!!!
Oh, the memories.

38. What was the most serious conversation you had about?
Grandpa

39. Anything personality wise and/or physically change this summer?
sort of.

40. Was this summer better than last summer?
Hell to the motherfucking NO
.

And now, for a picutre that pretty much sums up my feelings about Summer 2007:
(I took that picture on my 5th day of being in Mexico. I like the picture because--and most of these were unintentional how they fell in the picture--: The little green thing in the upper right hand corner is a flyswatter in the shape of a hand. That thing entertained me for hours... I'm now a fly-killing machine... sort of. To the left are the ear phones to my iPod... had I not brought it... I probably would have died... from self-inflicted wounds... or like... jumping off the town bridge. Henry David... well... that little guy got tossed around like... well, he got tossed around. He made a lot of us laugh... and he's in the majority of my pictures. That book... fuck it.... stupid molecular biology.... fuck. it. The notebook I used to keep score of the couple of Hearts games we played whenever it was raining outside, and hence, all the kids had to stay indoors. And that table that's underneath it all... well... I spent more time sitting there cussing at my luck, banging my head against it, crying my ass off from exasperation, annoyance, sadness, etc... I get sad just looking at that stupid, oh-so-Mexican tablecloth design-- notice Mom still has the plastic cover on top. OH. SO. MEXICAN.)

No comments: