Saturday, August 25, 2007

WITWIHDTTG?

I had a dream about Mexico last night.
OK... I miss the damn place... so what?

Which reminds me, Chase, here's my first installment of "Where in the world is Henry David Thoreau the Gnome?" That little bastard has more photos taken in Mexico than I do!
Anyway, answers will be given at the bottom of each picture.

(Didn't I tell you, my brother has a gift for ruining pictures. Not only was the sun rising, but so was my bro's glorious middle finger. Just his way of expressing his feelings toward both HDT and me as we drove through Sierra Vista, Arizona at 6 in the morning on July 19th)

(This is my favorite gas station in Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico. It's eerily clean... like... it always smells like bleach in their bathroom... and yeah... I spend no more than 3 minutes in there. Also... this reminds me of how much my brother loved filling up in Mexico--sarcasm there. They had this new little habit this summer: Us regular plebes, you know, the drivers, are NOT allowed to pump our own gas--hey, I'm not complaining-- so the workers fill up for you. They've never been honest... they used to play this fucked up trick where they had a button that would automatically add 100 pesos to the actual amount owed. Well, this year they stopped that shit, but instead, they'd never top off the tank. If 500 pesos fit perfectly fine in the tank, the workers would pump 450 pesos and then expect those extra 50 pesos as tip. This in turn, would piss off my brother... and he'd NEVER give them a tip. "Buddy, I would have given you the 50 pesos had you been honest with me in the first place, and just done what I asked... FILLED UP THE TANK!")

(My backyard in Mexico, where Tyson is still able to roam around in DIRT and GRASS, not CEMENT. Also, while everyone and their mother fears my awesome baby, Tyson, HDT does not. HDT's just proving to the world what sweet creatures pitbulls are, and how they prefer to eat regular dog food... not human/gnome flesh... or other dogs. Fuck you, Mike Vick! FUCK. YOU.)

(On the way to an Internet Cafe. He's just showing us what a damn freaky ass ride--to the left of the photo, it's this huge drop to a river, but you can't tell how bad it really is-- I must take in order to reach civilization. However, this photo does not serve the road justice... since I didn't manage to capture a photo with a) one of those gnarly car wrecks between old school cars that always manages to kill at least one person, or b) huge logging trucks getting into our lane--like they're known best for doing. I just like those ominous clouds in the background.)

(HDT is standing infront of my favorite mountain... the mountain I dream about so often, "El Cerro Chato." To the right of the photo--and not visible, just that one part of the fence-- is my house in Mexico. And that adobe house to the left has SO many rats... I no longer fear those fuckers... they just make me angry. The gray house over HDT's left shoulder had a ton of pigeons living in it... it was quite frustrating to be woken up by Tyson barking at them--he hates pigeons more than I do-- or when it rains very hard and I can hear the drops hitting the tin roof... yeah, tin roof!! The straight dirt path is where this one ghost appears. In the late 70's, his throat was slashed one day as he was walking back home from a dance. The killers then placed his body on the train tracks--not very visible, but they're that part where the sand gets whitish at the end of the road-- so that it would appear that the guy had fallen asleep--drunk, obviously-- on the tracks and then gotten his head crushed by the train. Now, the dude walks up and down the street, supposedly asking for help. Mom, me, and Little Sister saw him three years ago at 3 in the morning as we were packing to leave to Vegas--yeah, we do that so we can be completely ready to leave at 5 in the morning of that same day, and so people can be like "wow, we didn't even see them packing!"-- We didn't know it was a ghost until someone else told us the year later-- they described what he was wearing and everything, I almost pissed my pants when I was told. Freaky shit, however, this is probably my favorite picture of the whole summer. It makes me sigh and miss Mexico, as stupid and boring as the place may be... and that dirt sure smells pretty when it rains!)


(Final picture of the day: I've gotten HDT in a... I guess gut-lock with my "monstrous" calf. The shit I did to entertain myself on Sunday afternoons. And look! I was wearing a dress in my yellow Mexico kitchen!! Very un-lady-like of me to do... but fuck it... it sure beat slitting my wrists vertically. That day some lady approached me in church and whispered in my ear "AnoMALIE, este año te ves mas hermosa que nunca," roughly translated to "AnoMALIE, this year you look more beautiful than ever!" How the hell do you respond to that? I just raised my eyebrows, smiled, and backed away slowly. In church, dude, CHURCH!)

3 comments:

Kelley Karas said...

Ahahahaha.!!!.. Henry David has an arm growing out of him! sorry, I'm a dork. Hahahahahaha!

Mooney said...

Henry David FTW!!

The movie yesterday was awesome. We should do something again. Soon. :D

Hope your classes go well!

AnoMALIE said...

ok, I'm a little internet-slang challenged... I know what WTF means... but FTW? A little help (plus, I just got back from Mexico... come on... I hardly know how to communicate in English at this time).

Yeah, the arm helps the little guy stand upright... he's picky about standing around dirty places, so I have to hold him most the time.
But you know what HDT can do? Speak Spanish. haha.