Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hit a fist

Word on the street is that my "face hit a dude's fist."

Negative.
The correct way to phrase that would be:
The side of a dude's hand smacked me on my right temple as I stood distracted by conversation.

There's a difference... though undoubtedly I WOULD do such a thing as walk into someone's fist. But I didn't do that this time, this time I was really just distracted when I should have ducked.

It was not serious at all, only messed up my hair a little... but it did remind me how LONG it's been since someone physically hit me hard.
Hilariously enough (I'm being somewhat sarcastic here... it's actually kind of sad), the spot I got smacked on is the same spot I was last punched.
That last punch was nearly seven years ago. Now THAT was a punch. I couldn't hear a thing out of my right ear for a good two hours.
My brother punched me that morning before my ecology midterm... that was lovely.

I guess I'm a good actress when it comes to getting injured.
Maybe I'm just so shy and timid, so eager to be invisible, it's just automatically assumed I'm terrified of getting hit... or something?
Maybe I'm not intimidating at all... just really pathetic? I look fragile and scared... ready to break at the slightest touch?

It's strange to see others concerned after hitting me-- concerned not because they fear I'll strike back, but because they fear they hurt me.

That's a first.

2 comments:

KK said...

You're not pathetic or fragile appearing! People should be concerned if they hit you unintended :P :)... if it makes you feel better he has accidentally hit Richard as well :)
..
.
.
I guess it's my turn?

AnoMALIE said...

lmao I just found myself laughing at his friend's comment that was something along the lines of "are you going to hit another little girl?"
If I'm the "little girl" then SHIT! That's the best compliment paid to me ever. haha

Anyway, I can SWEAR he fears you... I see the look on his face when you're pummeling him. No joke. lol