Thursday, February 22, 2007

you have got to be sh... what? I can't cuss?!

It appears that all in this world is attempting to make me cuss or gossip.

I bumped into a girl I hadn't seen in about two years today. I knew her since ninth grade, and all the time she was sort of rude and snobbish towards me. She's about five inches shorter than I am, she'd turn beet red if she walked up the stairs to our history class in a hurry, and she used to be about my same weight... but since she was shorter, she looked like a pomegranate (I'm only being rude because she was rude to me).
I still remember when I moved to the new side of town, to a new high school, and knew no one in class. I remember seeing her get dropped off by the school bus right in front of my house. I'd see her cross the tiny desert to her house (Funny side note: once I saw my neighbor's dog--a 6-month-old pitbull-- chasing after her as she got off the bus. She was already a meanie to me by then, so I did what any other bitter girl would have done: watched her run her mean-ass home leaping over tiny Joshua trees and creosote bushes, that's what! You don't make AnoMALIE angry). I thought she'd be nice to me, and when I told her I was her neighbor, she just looked at me and said: "Humph... so you're the one who moved to that pink house?" Not much else (Now you know why I didn't help her during the pitbull incident?).
That didn't really bother me, what did was how she saw I was a loner and did nothing to try and help a girl out. Instead, she'd talk trash whenever we did anything in Bio class and I would mess up (cause I'm one of the dopiest people in the universe). Like once, when our teacher was trying to be innovative, we played BioJeopardy, a very lame version of Jeopardy, by dividing the class according to gender.
So here I am, in a class where nobody likes me (except some of the boys who were always sweet to me since they don't usually go with the whole girl drama b.s.), in a group where not a single member approves of me. As a way of trying to fit in, I tried answering as many questions I felt confident in answering. The plan worked out fine the first two times I raised my hand, each time earning 300 points for a total of 600 points for the girl's side. Yeah, no other girl had raised her hand to answer.
Then came time for a 600 point question. I can no longer remember what the question was (why waste space remembering something that screwed me over like that?), but I remember it was something I knew very well. My hand shot up almost immediately after the teacher finished asking her question.
Wrong! Minus 600 points!
"Pshhh... yeah. Thanks a lot dumb ass. You just Fuckin' ruined our game. We're at zero now!" the jerky girl said.
Her words were followed by grunts and "Psshhyeahs" from the girls.
Yeah... 600 point I racked up ALONE, imbeciles. Fuck trying to help you guys out again.
I didn't raise my hand again. I sat quietly with my chin resting on my hands that were directly above the black science-class counter top (pathetic, I know, but I was 14 and had just been called a dumb ass. Devastating blow for a nerd).
And there began my dislike for Jerk-face (the girls from that high school in general) AND class participation. I also think it's been the only time anyone other than me has referred to me as a "dumb ass" and meant it.
Junior year I was moved to a different high school, as was she, and there we began to dialogue a little more (she'd ask me for History class answers cause I was pimp like that). Those last two years she really ballooned up, and in part I was thinking it was karma finally catching up with her for being such a jerk. But it also made her very accessible and nice.

Then today... man o man! I saw her again, and she's thin (as a rail)! No one has seen her so small.

Here comes my complaint: Why, Oh why! did this news story have to come about during lent, after I made the conscious effort of laying off the cussing AND the gossip?

Upon seeing her, the first thing that crossed my mind was:
"OH SHIT! Is that *Jerk-face*?!"
I then followed that by quickly telling my closest friends about what I had just seen.
Dude! She's like, a twig! She's freakin'... skinny!
It was like a really bad episode of Jenny Jones... you know... when tormented adults are reunited with old high school bullies in a show with the really creative title of "I was a geek/fatty/loner then, but look at me now!" But in this case, it was the tormentor reunited with the tormented to say "Who's the pomegranate now, dumb ass?!"
Hey! It's winter! I'm supposed to be pale and red-cheeked... and packing on the pounds! It's in my genes! My ancestors have been doing it for ages, and it's worked for them! (yeah, too bad it's 68 degrees outside... and it's Vegas)

I came home and I still couldn't get over it. So I checked out her Myspace account, and sure enough, there she was: Jerk-face in all her skinny-girl-glory.
Grr... How can I keep from cussing AND gossiping when that rude girl has managed to shrink to a size even thin girls are jealous of?!

No comments: