Monday, February 26, 2007

Where did you hear "no boba" in that entire sentence?

I love worrying myself sick for an event, and then realizing I pumped myself up for no reason. It's a sick cycle, but I do it anyway... it helps ease the disappointment. Just a survival trick I picked up my first year of college (better would be getting new study habits... but my ADD will never permit it).

Today, while I was in a much happier mood, a lady that's always been nice to me made me angry (a common sight nowadays). Ever since... I don't know... maybe November? I've acquired a love for Boba. Best-friend took my other good friend and I to the Meadows Mall one day and introduced us to the new Asian sensation that is Boba tea.
At first I was a bit reluctant of what the poster referred to as "black balls" (Do YOU want squishy black balls in your mouth? You know... I've never really thought about that). Each time I thought about it, I'd giggle... and became afraid of getting one of these squishy black balls lodged in my esophagus. However, once I tried them, I liked them. Plus, the lady who sold them to Best-friend was very friendly and thought mine and Good-friend's reaction to the Boba Poster was hilarious. She also gave us free... I can't remember the name of the little "cakes" but they're these little healthier-looking-than-Twinkies pastries. So I was happy with the customer service.
After a while.. I realized I was becoming addicted to squishing the gooey balls while drinking something really cold. I took about 5 different people in different occasions to have a go at these things. None liked it as much as I, but I always said:
I go cause the little lady's so nice to me! She's really a sweet lady and I just want her to get more customers.
I went again in January with a cousin, who was leaving to Florida in a couple of days, as a going-away outing. I hyped the damn place up for her, and when we finally got there, the sweet lady was rude to us!
I was dumb enough to think it was her having a bad day, so I decided to go again today (I had been craving Boba since Ash Wednesday).
I gave the lady my best smile, I was courteous, and said:
I'll have a peanut butter one. No whipped cream.
Best-friend asked:
With Boba?
I said:
With Boba.

5 minutes later.

I was given my Boba, and it was... just a peanut butter milkshake... no little bobas.
I pondered whether or not telling the lady (Yo.. what's up with my freakin' Boba?!). Best-friend convinced me to do it (rather than sticking to the usual "Oh... I guess I'll just... sit here and take it" garbage).
I tried being nice... very nice... but she got all ass-hurt on me. She scowled at me then went:
You told me you didn't want any Boba! You said no whip cream, no boba! It'll cost you 25 cents!
I looked at Best-friend and laughed.
Did I?! (Was it implied when I said NO WHIPPED CREAM?!)
The lady took the drink from my hand in a hissy-fit fashion, turned to her ONE worker and scoffed:
NOW she wants Boba.
While pointing back at me.
(Yeah, bitch! And I'll flick ten more quarters your way so you can fill my damn cup with fucking Boba if I damn well please! Want attitude? I'll give you fucking Mexican attitude, bitch... come here! Wait... it's lent. Well... Middly-Fiddly... fiddly, fiddly! fff... I hate BOBA!)
When I got my drink back, I was terrified thinking she might have spit in it... or added faucet water... I don't know. It was just extra runny and all messed up.
Just poke them down with your straw.
She said as she handed the mangled cup to me full of little Bobas floating on top.
Faucet water, or no faucet water, I drank it anyway.

Sure, I was mad most of the time, but I just had to think back on a really cute dog I saw at the pet shop earlier that day:
A nice little English Bulldog, that in my mind I named "Capone."

The real Capone would have approved of Internal-AnoMALIE's reaction ...

No comments: