Thursday, December 27, 2007

I should place an add

Yesterday I agreed to be a bridesmaid for my cousin/hairdresser's wedding.
That marks the... maybe sixth or seventh wedding I'm a bridesmaid for since 1998 (I know, I've been in the game for that long. How fucking depressing).
And let's not forget the... seven or eight Quinceañeras I've been in (those shits are pretty damn similar to weddings if you ask me).
Give me three more years, by then I'll so beat that chick in the upcoming "27 Dresses" movie.

Talking about movies, there's a ton out there that I feel urged to watch.
First, and while I feel like a douche admitting this, I want to watch I Am Legend.
That little wish is coming true today, since there's a dude who wants to watch it way more than I do ("I don't give a shit! I'm going to watch that movie even if I have to go all by my motherfucking self!!" direct quote from him, yesterday, which surprised me because the guy never cusses), and I agreed to accompany him because I feel bad thinking about him sitting in a movie theater all by himself watching an old movie.

Anyway, I also want to watch:
-Sweeny Todd (I offered to go watch this one yesterday... and it's when Never-Cusses-Boy went on a cussing tirade. Ok, dude, chill!)
-The Kite Runner (Everyone I've talked to about this movie has said they won't go because they don't want to cry. What's so wrong with crying, motherfuckers? It's a touching movie, so what?!)
-Walk Hard (I'm a sucker for this type of movie... and while I see nothing wrong with crying, I also want to laugh during this time of the year. I forgot to bring it up yesterday during the heated, swear-word infested debate)
And maybe, JUST maybe:
-P.S. I Love You. (I'm a girl. Yeah. Plus, I just saw 300 for the first time last week, and I'm now madly in lust with Gerard Butler. Mmm...mmm...mmmmm)

However, the movie I want to go watch with all my might is:
-Juno.
Ever so BADDDDDLY.

The problem in that is that the people I'm hanging out with this week would rather be shot than go to that movie.
Dude... why must I have such eclectic taste in movies (ok, maybe not that eclectic, but still, they're movies most of my friends would frown upon like "WTF is this indie shit?!" when in all reality, not all of them are indie flicks)?
And why must I be such a pussy and agree to watch some damn film I'm probably going to be laughing (and not at the appropriate times) all the way through?

Resolution right here (one of many, I suppose): In 2008, I'll quit being a chump and not agree to go to movies I know I'll dislike (it's getting pretty damn expensive to put up with this little addiciton of mine of not being able to turn down movies).

3 comments:

Native Minnow said...

Juno looks good. I'm probably going to see it with some friends this weekend.

I think I can wait until Sweeny Todd hits DVD.

Brace yourself for an uncomfortable scene in Kite Runner if you go see that.

I hear that I Am Legend sucks. Just so you know (but it sounds like you already know that)

I'm ashamed to say it, but I saw P.S. I Love You the other day. It was a typical chick flick with all its sappiness. Why is it that women always go for that crap?

Anonymous said...

Because chick flicks are an ideal, native minnow.

Anywho, I REALLY wanna go see Juno. Hit me up prima!

AnoMALIE said...

NM- Who were you trying to bone to go see P.S. I Love You?
;)
Like I said, I only want to go watch this thing because of Gerard Butler... that guy could be selling me life insurance, and I'd still sit there and watch him.

I Am Legend wasn't bad at all. It wasn't fantastic, but it entertained me... and Will Smith is a damn good actor ("Talk to me!!" was all he had to say for me to get a tear in my eye), so I don't feel so bad about giving up $10. Would I do it again? NO.

Mooney- I'll see what I can do about this thing. At first, no one wanted to watch this thing (I've wanted to see it ever since I saw it in previews to other crappy movies), and now I find myself torn between what day/with whom I'm gonna see this thing. I'll probably end up seeing it alone three weeks from now because me voy a quedar como perro de las dos tortas.
>:(