Thursday, December 13, 2007

Nothing lucky about it

Yesterday, in my I'm-out-of-school-jubilation, I made the mistake of posting my "status" on Myspace.

I've gotten a good amount of messages regarding my "I'm done with UNLV!" (not exactly what I said, but you get the picture) comment.

I appreciate most of the messages... you know... the nice ones.
They make me smile and help me recognize which mother fuckers I call friends are on their toes when it comes to my welfare (especially since I rarely post shit).

Anyway, point of this is to mention the fact that there's ONE message/comment I CANNOT stand.
Not one bit.

You lucky bitch.
?!?! (I've gotten it from 3 people, male and female. Those exact words)
Now... call me just a bitch, and it's still all good (especially when you're angry... dude, will I feel accomplished!).
Call me a "lucky bitch" when I mention that I fished myself some secret Juanes concert tickets from the radio/Univision news broadcast.
We're still cool then.

However... there isn't anything "lucky" about me graduating.
Fuck no, man.
It's called busting my ass and going insane.
That's what I did these last four years while a shitload of you spent it fucking around, getting shitfaced on the strip every other day (not like you were normal and got shitfaced every other week, or maybe at semester's end).
I skipped parties (or went as far as taking pocket-sized notecards with me to events like Quinceañeras and weddings), made family members angry, ignored friends, missed out on vacations, and lost a fucking ton of my hair by either stressing the fuck out and not getting enough sleep or me just physically pulling it out during those frustrating nights of studying Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry. I even ignored guys, for fucks sake!

I basically lived like a hermit. A freaking monk, dude. (well, I kind of liked the solitude, to tell you the honest truth)

There's nothing "lucky" about me graduating.

So... If I get one more of those comments, I'm going to have to choke a bitch.


Now if you don't mind... I got some shopping/eye-examining/drinking to do with the homies.

I'm done!!
Yey-Yeyyyyy!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

.. You lucky bitch!

Just kidding. but coming from me it isn't as bad, right? hehehe.

What I really want to say is congratulations you deserve it :-) You also deserve your upcoming trip and (you need to start taking more fucking pictures so I can brag that my two best friends are both photographically inclined) you also deserve a Canon Rebel XTL digital (they lowered the price on the 8MP model, cause they're now at 10.1)

Mooney said...

LOL. Niice.

AnoMALIE said...

Chase- Of course not. You of all people know the trauma this biology degree brought about... so you calling me a lucky bitch is more of a compliment (not the case with the other assholes majoring in Finance, business, and marketing, who just can't get their shit straight).
P.S. Thanks. I'd get the Rebel, but yesterday I committed a splurge that kind of pissed my mom off for a good two minutes. So the camera will have to wait a little longer.

Mooney- Girly, was it just me, or do you have a crush on that co-worker of yours... the one who was so kind to help me with the glasses (thank you by the way! You fucking made my Christmas! I consider that 50% discount as your x-mas gift to me!)? He totally looked like your type.
;)