Monday, June 2, 2008

When the cat's away...

I miss Tyson.

No, I'm not being mean.
I'm used to not having my brother here... and as far as Mom goes, she's been gone before (I am still sweating it right now that I haven't heard from them. Although my brother sent a text to TravelinDin at 7 in the morning telling her they were leaving the border. So I at least know they made it through Arizona safely... now the REAL problem begins).
However... I've never been in Vegas while my dog's gone.
It's weird... and a little scary... since the 100 pound pitbull in the backyard made me feel safe.

I keep looking outside and expect to see him rolling around... or snoring... or just peering in like some creepy weirdo... but he's not there.

:[

Anyway!
My dad's being weird.
Last night he went to bed with his bedroom door wide open... and he kept asking us if we were finally going to go to bed.
TravelinDin: He thinks we're going to sneak out of the house...

Imagine that... my father thinks I'M going to sneak out of the house.
I'm 23, for fucks sake! If I'm going anywhere, I'll let him know... not as a way of asking for permission... just as a way to let him know I'll be out. I wouldn't freak him out by all of a sudden not being in the house.

Sneak out of my house... at my age... PSHHHHHHHHHHH!

Now, because of that [UNWARRANTED] lack of trust (I've never done as much as gone to the mailbox without telling someone where I'm going. It's just a habit. I'm such a damn good kid, even I freak myself out sometimes!), I'm going to go out every day of the week these next two weeks... just so I can scream "Yo, Dad, I'm heading out tonight for a bit. See ya later!" as I run out the door (Funny, I have the balls to be mean to my dad, yet the thought of ever doing this to my mom sends chills down my spine).

***Update***
I can now rest easily. Mom and Bro made it to Hometown at 7:30PM Vegas time, 9:30 PM Mexico time.
It took my brother 21 hours to make it down there, besides the fact that the roads suck and that there were tons of military halts along the way.
Mom said things down there are as bad as people say. In stops where we'd usually see about 4 or 5 soldiers to a car (they set aside 2-3 cars at a time), now have about 20 soldiers.

Mexico's gonna suck dick this year... man!!!

***Further edit***
SO I'm heading out to go to the gym at 8:30 PM tonight, and what do I see?
My brother's Jetta parked directly behind Bambi... I'm talking two inches away from my bumper.
My dad knows I can't drive a stick shift... so WHAT THE FUCK was that all about?!
There was plenty of room in the driveway for him to park in a spot NOT obstructing my way.
I was so fucking furious, I almost went Hulk on that shit and pushed the damn car with my bare hands! I go to the gym... I can do that type of shit, right?
Luckily, TravelinDin showed up in her AUTOMATIC Jetta, and all was well with the world.

Trying to keep me in the house, Mr. Dos Santos? Ha! Your plan was foiled yet again! (Seriously, what's his fucking problem? I'm 23!!!! Twenty-fucking-three!!! What's the worst I can do? Get pregnant?? Surely there are worse things in this world than having a 23-year-old get knocked up! GET OVER IT, DAD! I'm not a whore... I know how to take care of myself.... and the stupidest shit I ever do is drink milk right after eating watermelon--it makes me barf, yet I always do it... every fucking time-- so don't worry about me and let me live my life, already. All you dads and future dads out there: learn from my father. DON'T DO THAT SHIT. Especially when your girl has shown you, time and time again, how decent and NOT-Stupid she is. I have a goddamn degree... doesn't that shit count for something? Fuck... I'm still angry... I'm going to crush aluminum cans with my hands now... then possibly eat some glass shards... bye)

No comments: