Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mexico... what happened?

Word on the street is that *Hometown* isn't doing too great right now.
It's not technically Hometown having the problems, it's the municipality.
Yesterday and Friday, there was a shootout between some cartel and the cops... in the middle of the afternoon. This is only the latest news... shit like this has been happening since March... or maybe January... because some jackass stupid motherfucking druglord decided to hide out in our TINY area of Mexico... because it's been well known for being quiet, peaceful... just a little peace of heaven amongst the Sierra Madre. Oh yeah, and also because a ton of cartel leaders seem to be bred there... must be something in the Durango water...

So...

1)I'm scared shitless for me and my family.
2) I'm pissed... beyond compare.

I'm scared because so many people have called to warn us. Mom and Bro leave tonight (packing has been such a bitch! I ended up going to bed at 4:30 in the morning last night, then woke up a couple of hours later because one of my cousin's kids was having a birthday at Peter Piper Pizza... and I don't turn down that kind of shit. Free pizza and arcade games?! Fuck yeah, I'm down! And now I only have three pairs of pants and a couple of shirts to make it for the two weeks I'll be here.... that's NOT enough! But I guess I'll manage... make do like some hoodrat or something) in the truck... so... I'm just hoping and praying they make it safe. I won't be able to sleep or eat properly until I get their phone call telling me they're ok and eating at my aunt's house or something.

I'm pissed because I fucking hate drug dealers and anything having to do with them. They've slowly ruined that area of Mexico with their poison.
Travelling over there was like traveling to a distant world... in a good way. Things were so pure and innocent, a true escape from the bullshit you typically see in large cities.
We were able to walk freely...
Go ANYWHERE we wanted...
The biggest concern we ever dealt with was... well... when the power would go out... or when the water would get cut and we'd be screwed until the next day.

Now, we have to watch our back in case some dumb motherfucker decides he's going to shoot up an area where his "enemy" is located.

That is no way to live.

Rot in hell, imbeciles... rot in fucking hell.

2 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I read an article the other day about a town that got shot up and the entire police force resigned (at least the ones that didn't get killed). The sent in federal officers to try and restore order. That's scary shit. I hope your 'vacation' is safe this year. Personally, I'd be thinking real seriously about staying in Vegas. Although, not seeing loved ones out of fear is really no way to live either. Be safe!

AnoMALIE said...

Yeah, the feds are already there... but they're not really doing anything (except pulling people over all the damn time to inspect their vehicles and make them late for appointments).

And the little town I live in over there, doesn't even have cops... so... this summer will be interesting, to say the least...