Thursday, August 28, 2008

Now that's just gross!

Ever since we got back from Mexico... my parents have been very... lovey-dovey, to say the least.

I've seen some things recently that... ew... make me... unable to hold hands with people... that's how traumatized I am (you try and act like everything is fine after finding condoms all over your house/car/hotel room etc... gahhhh).

Last night, when I returned from sweating my ass off (I'm finally getting back into the swing of things at the gym... unlike the first time I went last week, when I had to leave earlier than expected, because I had to barf), Travelindin was laughing her little mock laugh and calling my name out.

Travelindin: Want to hear the most ridiculous news EVER?!
Me: Umm... what? ::lean back, like a dog that sees his owner holding a rolled-up newspaper:: What's going on?? (I've had it with "guessing" and getting "news." I've had enough of that shit! It freaks me out now each time someone has some sort of "news flash" for me. I'm now on the defensive when I hear "Hey, guess what!" or anything of that style)
Travelindin: Mom and Dad are going on a "romantic getaway" in September for a week!!! AHAHAHA!
Me: ... so... ??
Travelindin: Isn't that fucking ridiculous?! What are THEY going to do on a cruise?!
Me: (internally) Don't ask me that question... the answer grosses me the fuck out... I just barfed last week... no need in repeating that episode. (spoken) ... they're going to leave us alone for that week... correct?
Travelindin: Yeah...
Me: So... I can bring whoever I want to the house... or better yet... I can leave the house for that week and not be back until they are...
::Mom looks irritated with my realization::
Travelindin: HEY, JACKASS! You can't leave me alone!!!


Ah yes... finally... this whole "not going to school or getting a job" thing is paying off!
(I can't decide... party at my house... or me leaving to California for a week... decisions, decisions...)

... now I better not go off and hear "You're going to be a big sis again!!" in three months worth... fuck that shit.

1 comment: