Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Weekend that wouldn't end.

More observations (hey, I feel no need to write actual posts... you know... with grammar and all that shit... for now. I'm tired and still cranky... trying to solve a bunch of fucking stupid problems I SHOULDN'T be having at this age) made Friday through Monday.

1. If ever approached by a guy holding a camera who asks to take a picture, DON'T feel guilty about saying NO.
(On Saturday, while at the wedding, I noticed this short guy-- not bad looking or anything... just not my style, since I feel no sense of attraction for a dude who looks like a 5 foot 4 rehabbed "cholo"-- kept taking pictures of me. At first I was like "Whatever... I'm sort of in the way... what the fuck ever... just look away." After the FIFTH time he came to my table to say "Let me take a picture of you guys" to my folks, I started getting uncomfortable-- I went as far as pushing my chair back to make sure he was taking a picture of ONLY my parents... to which he stepped back and STILL got a picture of me... stalker. Things only got worse once I found out the guy was the groom's younger brother--and by younger, I mean "he was probably 35..."-- and so, I was sort of forced to be nice to him. At the end of the night, he came up to us AGAIN, then asked me and my sis if he could get a picture [this was after he spent the entire day getting pictures of me from all angles... seriously... like... no joke]. While I felt urged to grab his camera, smash it on the floor, and stomp on it repeatedly as I screamed "STOP IT! ENOUGH, ALREADY! I'm not a celebrity!!" I smiled, leaned in to my sister and said "Sure..." God... I'm too nice)

2. DON'T MAKE ME SLEEP IN A CAR IN THE PARKING LOT OF A MOTEL!!!!!!
(I cried from 3 in the morning Saturday, until 8:30 AM of the same day. Yes, I was hormonal... and missing My Guitar Hero... but I was furious at the thought that my parents have POOR planning skills... and by "poor" I mean "SHIT")

3. I'm going to be a terrible cougar....
(umm... who would have guessed it... I still have a thing for dudes that are at least 2 years my juniors... how gross... but I can't help it!! We have so much in common!... and he has purdy lips... and eyes... and eyebrows... and hands... and... blah blah blah)

4. Bands are ruined when one member falls for the other...
(we were gold-starring on expert and everything... Damn it, AnoMALIE, always ruining a good thing!)

5. Sonoma Valley is expensive... and ugly... in the summer.
(so dead... everything was dead)

6. Egg rolls, while tasty, make a car smell horrendously after 5 hours... after 9, it's straight up the smell of death.
(we were too cheap/nice? to throw away the platter of egg rolls MGH's mom made for us)

7. Never, never, never, never, never EVER go on two long road trips with only one day of "rest" in between.
(First, we do the whole Mexico-to-Vegas 21 hour long road trip on Wednesday. Then Thusrday morning we start doing the whole "Vegas Tour" for MGH up until 1 in the morning. Then, Friday afternoon, we head out for the 10 hour ride up to Sonoma Valley.... then Saturday we party it up at a wedding... then Sunday morning we head to San Francisco... once there... we talk it up with relatives we haven't seen in 7 years... go to bed at 2:30 in the morning, get up the next day, drive down to Bakersfield... talk to more relatives for two hours... then back to Vegas. Fuck that... and notice how I don't mention "shower" anywhere on that list. SICK.)

I'm tired... and sad... and a little angry [just a little].

1 comment:

Mooney said...

Definitely need to hang! I've missed you guys!! I'm free Tuesdays and Thursdays till school starts...next week! Let me know!