Tuesday, May 11, 2010

She's hella cool

Sticking to my previous post's theme of homosexuality, here's another story:

I don't have many female friends. While Facebook might beg to differ, it's a fact that I have a tendency to chill with more guys than girls.
The girls I do hang out with are incredible ladies, and rarely get caught up in the typical girly drama.
Now, I wouldn't say I don't ever get caught up in shit-talking. I'm quite snarky when it comes to gossiping about others, however, this part of my personality seems to be amplified whenever I hang out with girls who love to go out to dinner or nightclubs and just tear other girls to shreds with their wicked words.
So, I make conscious efforts to stay away from chicks who seem to thrive on gossip... and end up hanging out with dudes or my trustee 3 female friends.

About a year ago, I met a chick who struck me as awesome after two minutes of conversation. She was at a family party, and she's BFF with two of my really cool cousins. The girl approached my sister and I, and her conversation consisted of hilarious anecdotes and asking interesting questions.

Me: Dude, Aria's hilarious!
Sis: I guess.
Me: She's hella cool, what are you talking about?! No wonder C and M chill with her!

Fast forward to this weekend.
M graduated and threw a party, where I ultimately stumbled upon Aria* (not actual name) once again.
Aria, once again, was the life of the party. She got M a boa (actual snake) for her grad gift, and everyone at the party was intrigued, but fearful. Aria was the only one holding the snake and encouraging others to pet it.
This reminded me that I had yet to add her to my FB, so I did.

Lo and behold... I see what's up.
She likes girls.

Come on guys! Take note!

No comments: