Tuesday, May 4, 2010

you DON'T?

(Dad  introduced me to his friend Sunday night, as I played Wii with MGH)
Dad: This is my daughter, AnoMALIE.
Me: Nice to meet you.
Dad: And this is MGH, a friend of the family... but he's more like a son.

(At the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign. I'm directing MGH as I attempt to snap a decent photo of him)
Stranger: Go stand over there with him. I'll take a photo of you two together.
Me: No, just him.
Stranger: What, you don't like him?

MGH hung out with me this Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
I had him to myself.
He did not get drunk.
He did not flirt with girls.
He did not stay out all night long.
He had family dinner with me.
He played hours of Wii with me.

I wanted to jump off the highway overpass a couple of times. Yes, he was driving me insane, but not in his usual way (immaturity, instability, etc).
I wanted to die because he was so damn perfect, and I couldn't... he wasn't... he ISN'T mine.
I loved the time spent with him... I was in heaven after any word he spoke. I listened to him lecture me on roulette, for fucks sake!
And I maintained eye-contact with him as often as possible... not the creepy kind... but the "my... you have big pupils!" kind.

We both had sad eyes.
I was sad because I knew it was impossible... he looked sad because he felt sorry for me.

This weekend felt so good... but cut me so deeply.

Someone please tear out my heart already... I want to be funny!

No comments: