Monday, March 4, 2013

Spice looter

I promise I'm super calm and peaceful, despite the previous post and how agitated I might seem.
Yeah, I was slightly upset, but that's only because it's difficult not to get worked up when explaining the situation.

I swear I'm not letting this little bit of drama dampen my spirits.
I AM slightly disappointed in myself for even focusing in the slightest on the negatives, like who didn't wish me a happy birthday... considering the people who did made me smile like never before. For one, JC went back to singing to me, and  I know I bitched about that shit last year. And two, for the first time in years, Darcy wished me a happy birthday, and I know I've bitched about that each year he has ignored my day. You'd think I'd willingly give my left ovary for a birthday wish from the dude (while I wouldn't mutilate myself for his attention, I still do that thing where I get lightheaded when he pays me any mind-- like some hyper pitbull. I did that thing where I forget to breathe because I'm so... happily amused). But it's not a disappointment that hinders my peaceful prancing around the city.

I'm also a little... worried. Dad left for Cuba this evening, and I can't help but be a little concerned for his wellbeing. Luckily, me fears were eased (slightly) after being told he'll be back on US soil on Sunday.
I'm even invited to join them on their next Cuba trip (by "their" I mean Dad's church group. They annoy me so badly... but when they're in my face, I'm so charmed by them... it makes me uncomfortable). I politely turned them down, but I welcomed any cacao they wish to send my way upon their return. Any fucking spices, actually, give me any Caribbean spices and I will be a happy camper.
It's the looting Spaniard in me that wants that shit.

No comments: