Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Danny

This wedding was full of beautiful surprises.
The groom prepared everything... to the exact minute. The only thing the bride had to do was show up to the events.

I watched Danny (the groom) as his bride walked down the aisle, up to him. He cried the whole time.
He cried so much, I eventually shed a few tears.

At the reception, after their siblings and his parents took turns at saying a few words, he walked over to the mic and presented his bride with a new surprise.
He told us how his bride loves music, and so, he grabbed a guitar and pulled a stool behind him to take a seat.
Danny: I have never played the guitar... I haven't even TOUCHED one until right now. But... *bride* loves music, and I love her, and I would do anything for her. She is my everything. I am yours, *bride*, mind, body, soul... I am yours and only yours in all sense of the word. So, without further ado, here's this song I wrote for you.

Danny's Friends: Have you ever heard him sing? He doesn't sing... silence! We need to hear this!

Danny "sang" his song as he strummed basic chords on the guitar.
His bride cried the entire time.
I cried.
My entire table cried... even the guys.

The entire night was loaded with these sort of... heartfelt, heart-warming surprises... at the top of the hour, every hour.
I had never experienced anything like it.
Firework display at one hour, dancers in stilts at another... mariachi band a different hour... mini cakes at another... bottles of Patron and Grey Goose slightly after.

Ignore the fact that all this must have been expensive as shit... but just think about the SENTIMENT.
THAT is what had me crying.
I say, I genuinely feel... I have convinced myself, that men like Danny do not exist... that love like Danny's and my friend's is non-existant... a fucking fairy tale that we've all been brainwashed into believing is out there for each of us.
To come face-to-face with a love like theirs, it made me... it left me... vulnerable.
It exists. It's possible. It happens. It's beautiful.

My right eye-- that's the eye that had a constant stream of tears running.
I smiled the entire time.

I say I don't, but I sincerely want a love like that.
I want to believe that somewhere out there, there is a guy who feels that strongly for me, feels I'm worthy of such treatment... and proceeds to do his best to provide it for me.
I want a guy whose beautiful, sweet, thoughtful surprises will keep me crying with delight.

I hate admitting that, it does nothing for my attempts at self-preservation.

No comments: