Friday, September 26, 2014

Flight woes, surprised?

So... What was I doing today? Flying out of Chicago to get to DC.
The hours spent at the airport were hell.
One minute we were on time, the next we were delayed... Then cancelled... Then delayed... Our emotions were shot after an hour of these shenanigans.
It's a trip how this bullshit bring people together. My sister and I made friends with three suited men, as we all frantically dialed/texted our loved ones our frustrations.
The airport was silent... the eeriest sensation ever... To sit at the airport on a clear, sunny day, with no flights going anywhere... no engine sounds... Just people blankly staring at screens, confused as fuck.

We were one of the lucky planes, leaving only an hour behind schedule... After getting notified of the flight's cancellation three different times.

I'm now in DC, with my brother and sister... After having stuffed our faces with a variety of different style fries, and beers.

All is well with the world (especially since I'm away from Chicago).

No comments: