Friday, September 19, 2014

temblorina

Yesterday was one of the roughest days I've had in a long time... I'm talking YEARS.
As soon as I finished typing yesterday's post, my body went haywire.
I began vomiting like a hose, trembling uncontrollably, and went in and out of consciousness for the rest of the day. What was worst was the high fever I was running... I was burning up, sweating, but felt so fucking cold.
I was dehydrated as fuck-- my lips dry and white, and I had a throbbing headache.
It was an overall pathetic sight.
I think I'm ok now... I still have a slight headache, and my stomach still hurts whenever I walk (yesterday I couldn't move without it feeling like I was running a scalpel down my internal organs), but in comparison to yesterday, I'm peachy.

According to my genetic testing shit, I have a high pain tolerance. All I could think of last night was "Fuck... if I have a high tolerance for pain, regular folk would probably be dead by now!" that, or just wondering how the fuck people survived at all back in the day (uhhh... then coming to the understanding of why they usually just lived to be like... 40)
I didn't intentionally cry from the pain, I'd just catch tears getting squeezed out of my eyes from all the trembling, honestly.
In hopes of getting my mind off the pain, in my lucid moments (which would last about an hour before I'd once again pass out from the pain) I'd surf Facebook... but I noticed I was being a little too sentimental with everyone, so I went ahead and put that shit away.
What finally got me to calm down? Sleeping. And chicken noodle soup. And my mom sleeping by my side.
Yo, I love my mom... fuck anyone who judges me for that.

So, as far as pain tolerance goes, my best coping mechanisms go as follows:
Least helpful
Internet
writing
television
OG soup
sleep
MOM
Most helpful

So if my tiny mother is the sole reason I got over my nasty, painful day, then I guess that genetic testing shit is pretty money.

No comments: