Monday, March 12, 2007

Since when am I a Sesame Street fan?

I had a pretty cool dream last night... I would have called it "THE coolest dream" but it got all weird at the end (and what good dream doesn't turn bizarre towards the end?).

I found myself at some Midway (I couldn't figure it out if it was the Circus-Circus Midway... or the Excalibur one... or any other one, because it was sort of a mix of all the Midways I've ever been to, which are all pretty much one and the same). I remember it was for a little kid party, and no one else really wanted to go with me to this thing (which is very true to life. I find myself at little kid parties more often than any other family member I know. I never liked piñatas as a kid... but now, I sit back and have a blast watching little kids pelt those things like my drunken uncles would back in the early 90's as they held the ropes to the piñata from a roof. Safe shit, huh?). I went with someone... and there were people my age there, but like me, they were all playing some sort of Midway game... earning tickets of all things. I can't remember any sort of dialogue, just people "ooh-ing" and "ah-ing."

Instead of going for the ticket-giving machines like all the normal people, I went straight for those claw games... where you can win stuffed animals or really bad, faux jewelry. I remember I kept winning stuffed animals... and I was all excited because the games weren't rigged like at the Circus-Circus (who the hell can win a basketball with the diameter of... what? 9 inches? While the diameter of the open claw is only 6?<-- I say that as if I ever worked as a Carny or some shit). I remember the stuffed animals were all Sesame Street characters... or more like Elmo-esque little creatures in different colors (but I guess they could have been Cookie Monster, Elmo, and Oscar the grouch. Throughout the dream, I remember thinking "Hey... do they have a black character on sesame street?" Mainly because I really liked the black Elmo-esque doll and tried very hard to get one).
The coolest part was that I kept getting quarters out of nowhere. I remember the quarters didn't come from my wallet, but the people throwing the event... and the machines would just give the quarters to you if you pressed the little red buttons that read "50 cents" or "25 cents." There were no "$1.00" buttons... cause even in my dreams, I never go near those machines.

Wow! These people are awesome! I've used up like 16 bucks and they still give me money!

The dream turned weird at the end when the games started shutting off on their own and everyone was leaving as if the building were on fire or attacked by killer bees. As I started to run, all of a sudden I was at my old high school, holding a pin I had to get to my old PE teacher. I remember cutting through many tennis matches and people lined up like Armies. The field turned into the same one I had dreamt myself in not too long ago, where I underwent basic training. Then my joy turned to fear and I woke up almost immediately.

WTF is my problem?? I was having a good time at the Midway!

I should have never given the Marines a thought... now they won't leave me alone, not even in my dreams.

What's best though, is when I "interpret" my dream on-line... I get shit like this:
To see a stuffed animal in your dream, represents an immature attitude. You may be trying to escape from your daily responsibilities and problems. Alternatively, it may indicate your need to relax and be less serious. You need to allow your mind and body to rejuvenate.
To dream that a stuffed animal is choking you, indicates that something that was originally emotionally comforting is now giving you much stress. You are feeling emotionally restricted and unable to communicate how you feel especially in matters of the heart.
If a stuffed animal would have been choking me (the worst thing that happened in my dream was when the stuffed animals were stolen from me at some point), I would have freaked the hell out and seen a therapist... screw interpreting that.

No comments: