Monday, July 5, 2010

Boys will be Girls

(MGHsBro asks for directions while at the Paris)
Concierge: How old are you?
MGHsBro: 18.
Concierge: How about her? (me)
MGHsBro: 25.
Concierge: You guys are a couple, right?
MGHsBro: She's my mom.
Concierge: Oh... wow, really?
Me: Yeah, it was a hard delivery.
MGHsBro: I'm not really 18... I'm 22.
Me: I'm still 25.
Concierge: Wait... 25... 22...
Me: He's my brother.

I've had a good time with the boys... but yesterday, shit made a turn for the wack.
I don't know the entire story, I didn't ask. All I know is the nine boys had a nasty argument last night, which revolved around money.
I was in the other room as the boys had their awkward powwow, and I was desperately trying to keep myself occupied with my phone or the TV, so I wouldn't hear their shit (semi-successfully. I heard a couple of "Mira, guey... a mi me vale verga!" and "ENTIENDE, PENDEJO!" Which I was like... "Dude, someone turn up the fucking volume on this Jersey Shore!").
It killed the fun vibe... and while we all went gambling after the argument, the faction was made.

So sad.
I thought only chicks had this type of bickering drama.

Anyway, they decided to keep it sort of civil. From last night's argument, it appears it was three of the boys making trouble, so instead of beating each other's asses, they just agreed to go their own way.
While four of the "Bochitos" (the nickname the group of 6 boys who met in elementary go by. MGHsBro is part of the 6. They for some reason call themselves the Spanish slang term for a VW Bug. While MGHsBro tried explaining it to me, we all know I have a very short attention span) came over to my place for some Camarones Al Mojo De Ajo, the trouble makers took one of the Bochitos hostage and forced him to drive them around the Venetian area.
So, we all decided that Sister, the 4 Bochitos, and I would go about and enjoy some last minute touristy shit.
We were then supposed to drop off the blue-eyed Guatemalan Bochito at the bus station, but two things happened:
1) MGHsBro's car was crashed by a dickhead as we were parked on the curb. The swapping of info was such a mess. Example?
MGHsBro: Ok, so what's your name?
DickHeadCarCrasher: Fatz.
MGHsBro: No, I mean, your REAL name.
DHCC: Oh, Shawn.
WHO the FUCK answers like that? Only in Downtown.
2. The blue-eyed Guatemalan Bochito had three hours to kill. Instead of letting him stay at the bus station with all the shady looking people, we decided to hijack him ... and bring him home.
MGHsBro and his gang had to get on the road to head back to Mexico, so BEGB was pretty much forced to spend time with us.
My mom fell in love with him. Ha.

Yesterday may have been awkward, but over the course of the weekend, I really got attached to those kids. So funny, so adorable, and so nice.
Yeah, guy friends are definitely awesome.

No comments: