Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Miss List

I was stupid and mentioned my trip to Mexico on FB.
So stupid.
Within an hour of posting the status update, we had five people calling the house and asking for favors.

Want to send shit to Mexico? Grow some balls and get on the motherfucking bus/plane/truck to get your ass over there.
I'm risking my neck for MY people, NOT yours.
The only trouble I might face is being at the wrong place at the wrong time... getting caught in one of those cartel battles.
I don't owe people money, I don't buy/sell drugs, therefore, I have nothing to fear.
Why can't people rationalize like that instead of getting carried away by stories (if you're rich, then yeah, I can understand you being a little scared about getting taken for ransom)?

Anyway, I was chewed out by my folks after being thrown under the bus by a stupid ass relative.

Whatever.

I'm struggling now with the packing.
I've been shopping, making lists, all that junk 'cause nothing sucks more than being in Mexico and realizing you forgot to bring your razor.
I love you Mexico, but I'll be damned if I buy toiletries in your country.
It's a fucking drag, especially in the 115 degree heat. 115 degrees... shit, I won't be missing that.

What I will miss?
- Sushi
Especially seaweed salad... damn it, that seaweed salad!
- The internet.
Oh, dear Facebook... how you've helped me through many a sleepless night.
- Tyson.
My poor baby's staying behind. My heart hurts each time I have to go outside and he greets me with a freakin' parade. I can't stand looking him in the eye... he breaks my heart. My BABYYYYY!! He knows he's staying behind. That little guy just makes this face. Reason I love pitbulls finally comes to bite me in the ass: when they're happy, that huge goofy smile can make a death-row inmate melt... but when they're sad... they might as well show me a World Vision commercial... or that damn abused animal commercial with the Sarah McLachlan "Angel" song.
Why are you so expressive?! You're a dog! (My 116-pound, 9 year old "little cow"... :( ok, I need to stop thinking about him before I object to this trip)
- The AC.
Sure, it's 60 degrees most of the time... but when it's hot... I might as well live in the refrigerator.
- Driving.
No car = no trips to the city. I hate asking for favors.
- Jimmy Gym.
Volleyball ain't gonna rescue my ass. Coming home is going to suck. I can already feel the immobility setting in once I return to weight lifting. Blah. Hopefully I don't barf this year.
And sure... why not... because we all knew this was coming:
- Darcy.
After a month of kind of hearing from him once a week or so (totally enough for me to smile at strangers throughout the day like a complete idiot and shit)... it's back to being invisible when it comes to that guy. Woe is me (curse you large soccer events, why can't you last longer than a goddamn month?! Ha).
Bummer, but what can a chick do, right? If there's one thing I've learned, it's that when a dude digs you, he'll let you know. I've seen it time, and time again with my guy friends (and guys I've liked. With me they're like "Eh... alright, I'll listen to you for now." Then they meet a girl that pulls the rug from right under them and it's "Well, thanks... but... gotta go. K, bye" for me)-- the moment they find a girl they like, they can't shut the fuck up about her.
Then the obnoxious animals they don't like will start to agitate them more than usual once they notice that these beasts won't shut the fuck up.
He doesn't bother too much with me, and I run at the mouth when he asks me the simplest question. "Hey, how are you?" "Hey man, I'm great! Dude, so I went to school the other day... because I like school and I needed to go..." blah blah blah. Even I take a second to step back and self-reflect "WTF are you doing, dude?! SHUT UP!" but I just keep going... like a fucking idiot cow into mud.
I do not want to be grouped in the "obnoxious animal" category, so I'll let him be (thing I've tried to learn in the last... almost six years of knowing him... Yikes! How pathetic of me... but what can I say? Everything about him makes me... mush. This trip can help me in the "quit being such an annoying dick, AnoMALIE, and shut the fuck up!" department. Thing I'm sure he will appreciate... shit, A LOT of people will appreciate).

Oh shit, talking about dudes: MGH is a fucking renegade. He "ran away" from home... at the age of 21. He just up and left (with his bitch) after an argument (regarding his cunt and the fact that he now dropped college) with his family, disconnected his phone, and now his family doesn't know where he is. His brother doesn't even know of the drama since he's in Mexico, and MGH still behaves "normally" on FB ("normal" being... responding to the "WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?!" comments from his Mexico friends with "studying." That kid is... so fucked up).

It's really quite terrible. Upon hearing this, I sort of choked up.
'cause whether I like it or not, I still love the kid... not romantically, but... I just love him as a person... as jerky as he may be. 18 years is a long time to know a person and not love them.
I didn't think he was capable of hurting his family like that... especially not for a bitch... but shows how much I know.
I hate that he's fucking up like this.
(Well, what a chirpy way to end this entry. And yeah, I'll miss him in Mexico as well. We have too many memories out there)

No comments: