Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cocaine is a helluva drug

I love random-ass e-mails.

This one came from a buddy.
Subject: Coke
Body: You were on to something.
Then a link.

The link? An article on CNN about Love being a drug.
Well, the title was lame... something along the lines of "You Might as Well Face it: You're Addicted to Love."
Content of the story was basically that I guess being in love, then being rejected, triggers the same part of the brain as that of cocaine users when they use the drug, then stop.

My withdrawals were legit!!

I laugh about it now, but fuck, it genuinely hurt back in March... as if someone were hacking away at my chest with a rusty butter knife.
Strange, since I hadn't felt that devastated since... high school.
I blame feeling stupid and angry over wasting nearly three years of my life... now I can add drug-withdrawals to the list.
I find solace in knowing I wasn't being a drama queen.

The article also suggests not remaining friends for a while.
Couldn't agree more.
I haven't spoken to MGH since he left back in May. The first three weeks sucked, and I was hating him so bad... but now, I just... don't care about him.
If the kid decides to talk to me for one reason or another, I'll talk. If he needs anything from me, I'll help. I think I can finally joke with him... as long as his dumb cunt doesn't come in the picture. I still hate the ugly bitch, especially now, knowing she mocks him for liking soccer.
("It's so gay," she claims... as if gridiron football were any less gay. Put a tutu on those motherfuckers and we got ourselves some ballerinas with their fucking leotard. Let's not forget all that ass-smaking.
Yes, I keep up with gridiron football, and I don't usually hate... up until I find them talking shit about soccer. In the battle for favorite sport, soccer wins, HANDS DOWN in my book)

ANYWAY!
Nice laugh.
And since I'm so anti-drugs, I guess I have to swear-off relationships from now on.

... As if my commitment issues needed any more backing.