Friday, April 6, 2012

3-hour rambles, now in Español!

Holy Week.
Holy Week!

These last two days have been busy. So busy. Church packed.
I'm hitting church for three hours at a time these last two days.
They're only supposed to be an hour-long!
My siblings and I hit up the Spanish Mass with Mom, so she doesn't feel lonely... but MAN! That priest talks and talks and TALKS!
I snuck in a nice little 30 minute power nap today in the middle of his sermon and he was STILL rambling on when I startled myself awake once my arm dropped and my head violently followed.

It's very difficult to keep my cool under such circumstances. Today there was an extra grievance, since fasting is involved. I haven't had a bite to eat all freaking day, and I keep taking glances at the clock, because come midnight, I'm chowing-down on some fucking food.
Very appropriately, tonight I watched the Hunger Games with my siblings... trying to kill time and keep my mind off food...
no dice (now all I can think is what I'd do if I were tossed into such a situation. I hate how my brain does that. I can't just watch a movie or read a book without my mind fucking with me).

This week has always driven me crazy. The people... the customs... it drives me bananas. Yet I still do it, go figure (no, no, I do perform a lot of these out of... the goodness of my heart, I do them wholeheartedly, but the whole sitting through a jam-packed service for THREE HOURS is not something I dig. Never have. Never will... unless it's at the Vatican... and even then, three hours is abusive... especially with this pope. I'd sit for six hours for the previous pope, he was awesome... but this new guy? Nah).

Tomorrow comes the big boy... the mass that is supposed to last three hours...
I don't know how I'll manage. At least I'll be fed, right? And I'm definitely going to the English service. No more Español... I don't want to hear a word about church en Español right now.

I just want to sleep... and eat.
Come on, midnight!

No comments: