Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Shelter

The notes in my paper journal are rather enthusiastic... I was stoked about coming home and updating my blog with all of my bulleted sections.

The enthusiasm took a shot the moment I climbed in D's car when she picked us up from the airport.
D had a bit of news:
Her transfer to Chicago was approved.

Mom, Dad, and I took the news differently.
Mom and Dad were silent. It was an awkward silence... so I spoke up.
I just... REALLY wanna take a shit.

The tension was relieved for a short while... the remainder of the car ride, but once home everyone left to their room... and no one congratulated D.

Dad asked Mom to convince D not to leave.
Mom cried.
I was... somewhat angry.

Mom is scared D will get murdered out there.
Dad thinks D will blow all her (and his) money out there.
I... was angry because I didn't feel it was the smartest move on her behalf.

This all put a damper on my updates... and my excitement over the trip.
It still kind of does, since the mood in the house is somewhat heavy.

The mood was darkest exactly a week ago, when Mom decided to call my godmother who lives out there. She wanted to ask her if it was OK if D lived at her place until she found herself a roommate... since this move to Chicago was so short notice, and D still had no chance to look for a decent apartment. Mom asked for just enough time for D to start up at work, check out the apartments/neighborhoods, and get settled in.
My godmom said no.
...
The news made all three of us cry. It really, REALLY offended us... particularly Mom and D.
Mom was upset because she raised my godmom like her own little sister, hearing Godmom turn her down for such an important favor devastated her.
D was upset because she took it personal. I'm so low maintenance! And I cause no trouble... how can... I thought they loved me... how can they refuse to help me when I need so much help? It was all a show? All the shittalk I've heard from people is true?
I cried because it always hurts to have your eyes opened to the truth behind a situation. I'm willing to do almost anything for my family... it's always a punch in the gut when family refuses to reciprocate... especially someone as "important" as a godparent. It has happened multiple times to me, but it doesn't mean it hurts any less.

So yeah... that's been shitty.
We recuperated from that disillusion after Dad called one of his ACQUAINTANCES and HE agreed to shelter my sis for as long as she needed. That restored a bit of our faith in humanity.
A perfect fucking stranger opens his home to my sis... when FAMILY refused... now THAT'S quality of character.
Now we're just bummed because it's finally happening. D's roadtripping out there with Mom and Dad in exactly a week, because she starts work at the new store on the 7th.
The news has finally hit us. Fucking kid is moving on.
Shit. Damn. Oh man.

Momma has cried a lot. I've grind my teeth a lot. Dad has... avoided the topic a lot.

Guys, in a week, I'll legitimately be an only child.
Fuck...

No comments: