Sunday, April 29, 2012

ALL OVER Costa Rica... and Las Vegas too, BITCH

Ok, ok.
Doing much better.

Some days I'm just not up for dealing with shit. Yesterday was one of those days.
Yes, it was HELL of awkward to walk into a room where everyone was laughing at someone's imitation of your smile... as another talked shit about how I "smiled like that ALL OVER the Coasta Rica album!"
It hurt. Yup. Sure fucking did... and at the moment, all I really knew how to do was awkwardly walk to the bathroom and then cry the sentiment out.
I proceeded to spend the majority of the party in this state:
Pretty sure I was super proud of my Draw Something doodle or something...
Really wanting to smile "AnoMALIE-style" but fighting it
But then I had to press pause and assess the situation.

1. The guy imitating my smile so viciously was drunk as FUCK... and sentimental himself, since it was his daughter's christening, and no one showed up... just four co-workers, his mom, sister, and a cousin... and me and D. So he drank himself silly.
2. I was buzzed. The moment we entered the house, the drunk dude (who was imitating my smile... the dad of the celebrated baby, and the dude I often refer to as my adopted brother) had Sis and I take shots with him. I obliged. On an empty stomach. Because I'm an idiot.
3. I too am guilty of laughing when someone gets made fun of... I'm no saint. I shouldn't be shocked when I'm the butt of the joke.

So... I got the nice little cry out of my system... I had my lovely friends and family talk sense into my stupid, hormonal head... and I'm once again smiling (though I was pretty upset yesterday at the party, I still proceeded to make everyone laugh with my salty remarks... to the point where one dude was kicking his feet in the air and then "complimented" me with "I never would have thought you were funny. I didn't even know you talked.Yeah, I do, fuckhead... even after I get made fun behind my back. This was a dude who had always seen me around in Hometown, but had never crossed a word with me [mainly because he's like 12 years older than me and he was the "hot guy" all the teenage girls liked when I was a 10-year-old] until yesterday).

Don't like my smile? Go eat a dick, you fucking prick.
...
Look at that, I'm unintentionally rhyming... guess I'm still agitated about it.

No comments: