Tuesday, April 3, 2012

physics-philia?

Damn it!
I ruined it.
I was going to try being consistent with my blog this month. I was trying to gun for an entry a day, only missing the week I'll be away. But no. Bummer. I fucked it up.

I guess I'll see it as a positive, considering I was still riding incredibly high from the whole Costa Rica trip news (yesterday Dad confirmed that we have a fishing trip date set--I don't care for fishing, but Daddy loves it, and it brings good memories to me. AND, far more exciting news for me: trip to Corcovado National Park is set. I'm surprised I didn't piss my pants with that last bit of news. Words can't express how ecstatic I am about that, seriously. Childhood. Dreams. Yes, I was that kid watching all those nature--and Nature-- shows on TV just for the fun of it). I'm hell of annoying when overjoyed, it's best to shut me up.

The joy factor is... well, I'm still up there, but a little more controlled.
No promises for tomorrow though, since Ruffles is coming to town and will be with us until Easter. Everyone knows I'm obnoxiously happy when my broski is in town.
I'll try and keep it calm until then.

I'll mention "travel" one more time because yesterday, Mom and I realized we're going to be doing a bit of it over the summer, for weddings. One wedding will take place in boring ol' Nebraska, and another will go down in Santa Rosa.

I know a good deal about the Nebraska family, so I didn't bother with their wedding site (how strange... to have one of those. We are getting so fucking white-washed). However, while I know a good deal about my Napa family, I don't know much about the bride, my Napa Valley cousin. I decided to visit her wedding site.
Homegirl's hilarious, and I was having a pleasant time reading her site.
The Bio section, the wedding party section, and the ceremony section were fine... then I got to the "Our story" portion.
I was sitting at my kitchen's bar, Mom was cooking at the stove, Dad was in the dining room... and I managed to startle both.
"That's fucking DISGUSTING!"
Mom: AnoMALIE! Your mouth!
Dad walks into the kitchen.
Dad: What happened?!
Me: She's marrying her HIGH SCHOOL PHYSICS TEACHER! Fucking GROSS!!
Mom: Your mouth!
Dad shrugs and walks away, shaking his head.
Me: Motherfucker's OLD!
Mom gives up trying to shut me up, but walks over to me.
I begin reading the paragraphs aloud, so Mom could see why I was grossed out.
Mom: Well, it was obvious he's much older than her, just look at the picture.
Me: The dudes a white man... sneaky when it comes to deciphering their real age.

Turns out he was her physics teacher back in '98, and they didn't meet back up until two years ago. He was in the checkout line at Safeway, and she spoke to him first.
"Aren't you Mr. ***, physics teacher at *high school*?" she asked.
Bullshit, homie... trying to act like this was all serendipitous. You KNOW you had the absolute hots for the guy back in high school and the moment you saw him in that checkout line you jumped for joy. You knew exactly who he was... you little Lolita.

After being completely grossed out for a few minutes, I remembered I have her same issue. No... not like that, I'm just like her because I too had a weakness for a few of my teachers.
Something about a guy educating you is just... irresistible. I dig it. Way too much.

Get it, girl!

I'd just NEVER go for my physics teacher... that's just... no. No. No. NO.
And not one of my high school teachers, either. The thought gives me grossed-out goosebumps.

2 comments:

Kelley Karas said...

Our high school calculus teach was pretty attractive.... just saying ;)

AnoMALIE said...

lol, he was exactly who I thought of when I read my cousin was marrying her ex-teacher. I immediately thought "OH MY GOD! IT'S LIKE MR. G AND ALEXIS!" hahaha well, more like, Alexis' wildest dream... her and Chelsea's. lol