Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ale-Ale-Man-ia

It was nice catching up with the girls on my dad's side. The only person missing was my sister.

At first, it was a little awkward. Last time all three of us were together, as in... all three of us having a chat, was back in '09 when our grandfather died.

One has a newborn baby, another has a divorce AND a new man in her life... and then there's me. Good ol' constant AnoMALIE.

Of course we talked about the divorce... though I didn't have the heart to ask WHAT EXACTLY went down. I also asked to be given details about the new man. Homegirl's like a teenager all over again. All excited and giddy... jumping at her phone each time it lit up with a new text.
Her new guy's Italian, so I made the comment about being jealous 'cause now she had the excuse of visiting Europe ever so often.
Cousin: Oh! I'm going in April!
Me: To Europe?
Cousin: Yeah! NewDude is living out there right now.
Me: Ahhh! That's so cool. I've been looking into going out to Berlin, since Germany's the only "big" European country I haven't hit.
Cousin: That's where NewDude is. He's living out in *?* (Totally forgot the name, and why act like I know anything about that country)
Me: Oh shoot! Why's he out there?
Cousin: He's in the Air Force and got stationed out there until December.

The conversation took off from there.
She's cool with me joining her for the trip, and I got the green ($) light as soon as I told my folks about it.
Now I have to mull over the idea... because that's what I do to ward off my impulsive nature.
How SMART is it of me to join a couple which will MOST LIKELY be acting like... a honeymooning couple? Sure, I won't spend a lot of my time with them, since I have plans to hang out with JC... and will probably end up just being with him...
And then there's the whole Germany thing... like... I'm scared of the place... well, more like "intimidated."
And then there's the length of the visit. Homegirl's going for ten days. If I'm going to be on a fucking plane for THAT long, I'm not going to fuck around in the foreign continent for ONLY ten days.

I don't know... too much information to process. I'll think about it.

No comments: