Monday, February 25, 2013

Countdown begins

I turn 28 on Friday.

I suspect all my irascible, unpleasant behavior is largely due to this impending doomsday.
I do it all the time. This acting up always rears its ugly head this time of year... it's like seeing all those animals freak out days before an earthquake.
I live in fear of one day just snapping. Sometimes I sense I'm an umbrella away from shaving my head publicly as paparazzi snap photos of me beating a car (Britney reference here). BUT, I know I'm just being looney because of my reluctance to age.

This birthday has some folks coming out of the woodwork, eagerly inviting me to go out-- some even demanding so.
I think it's due to the fact that it's my first birthday without my sister... or even my dog... that has some people worried. They must be under the impression that I somehow celebrate turning a year older...
Anyway, my female cousins from my dad's side have taken it upon themselves to take me out for my birthday. They originally wanted to take me out on Friday, but I made up some lie about being too busy.
I finally obliged to just go out for some sushi tomorrow afternoon as a form of early celebration.
These girls are very excited... and why lie? Even I feel giddy about a day with these girls.
One of my cousins recently had a baby, baby I finally met yesterday, but refused to hold.
It is SO creepy to see the offspring of a girl I remember babysitting... an itty-bitty creature who happens to be related to me.
I refused to hold the little dude because I'm about as gentle as a hawk swooping rabbits. I sat next to my mother and tickled the baby's feet instead... because I'll be a bitch to anyone... even a one-month-old. (sarcasm)

ANYWAY. I'm sort of excited to hang out with these girls... and that poor baby I irritated last night. I'm crossing my fingers they don't throw me a pity-party for being sister-less... all fuckin' spinster-like.

No comments: