Monday, April 2, 2007

Tired of your brush bristles?

A couple of entries ago I mentioned how a complete stranger came up to me, touched my eye, and asked if my lashes were real. I thought she was crazy, and I even felt slightly violated.
Someone suggested telling people I had lash extensions to see what reaction I'd get. I laughed, thinking:

That's so silly... but I do wonder how that would work... would they sow them on like a weave? Would they clamp them on like the extensions Britney had the day she shaved her head?
Well... one of my friends brought this website to my attention earlier today:
Lashextensions.com

(Lashes nature should have given you? Are you telling me both your parents have giant eyelashes, and yours came out looking like brush bristles? Damn you, nature, always fuckin' up)
And apparently, it's not the only website dedicated to lash extensions.

WTF... I can no longer be mad at the stranger lady for touching me. I guess she was justified in poking me.

How sad... I'm no longer special (but I'm totally going to exploit this and tell everyone I have fake lashes from now on... and how they hurt like a bitch, just so they can be dissuaded from getting any).

2 comments:

Kelley Karas said...

I had to keep reading this.. and giggling... Dunno why. it just made me giggle.

AnoMALIE said...

Because you imagine a stranger trespassing my personal bubble by poking my eye?
Or do you remember that one story I told you about the "sty" that guy got after going to Little Darlings and then finding out it was actually crabs that had burrowed into his skin... ew... that doesn't make anyone giggle... nevermind.