Monday, April 30, 2007

Two Dollars?!

I've tried a ton of things to try and keep my mind busy (best way of coping):

1) Running (I think I pulled a muscle... I now limp like a lame horse)
2) Studying (and my brain hurts... bad)
3) Watching television (although my attention was elsewhere. Can't blame me since it was mostly "The Hills," my little sister's new addiction)
4) Watching movies (Amelie only made me sadder... About a Boy made me cry... and Love Actually made me angry--who the hell stays with a cheating son of a bitch bastard? C'mon British people! I still love them all like crazy though. Maybe it was the order I watched them in?)
5) Listening to music (aaaand we all know how that turned out... plus, I now have "Hate is a strong wooooord, but I really, really, really don't like youuuuuuu!" in my head... inappropriate to bust out singing at certain places/circumstances)
6) Watching the NFL draft (When the hell did I become a sport's fan? My heart hurt for Brady Quinn... really, really, bad. Poor boy. I still love you, Brady!)
7) Watching basketball (I did get pleasure out of this. Screw the Lakers... it's all about Phoenix, Shawn Marion, Steve Nash, and I guess I can cheer on THE BULLS if all else fails)
8) Hanging out (Drinking Boba and playing card games with the ladies and two gentlemen... both fellas were taken, nonetheless)
9) Visiting the strip (club... J/k... I should probably give that a shot now)
10) Sleeping (it made me nauseous yesterday)
11) Reading (even about Mom Jeans.
I shudder at the thought)

And the list could go on... for a while.

What finally worked was going to school.
Yeah... lame and all... but it did make me feel better and forget absolutely everything that happened over this horrible weekend.

Shoot... I even had the little diversion of shopping... that was... an experience.

2 comments:

Native Minnow said...

Please let that thing about 'Mom Jeans' making a comeback be some sort of twisted prank. Otherwise, there is no God ;-)

(I, on the other hand, do like to use the little stupid emoticons - in case you hadn't noticed)

All things considered, I suppose the fact that finals are coming up might help you take your mind off things. I was once told that the best thing to get through a major depression is to keep going through the motions, even if you don't actually do anything. It was while I was "writing" my thesis. I'd sit at my desk for hours staring at a blank computer screen without typing a single word, but oddly enough, it helped.

These days I pretty much sit at my desk reading blogs and such without typing a single word. I can't blame depression per se, maybe some things just never change.

AnoMALIE said...

NM, you're too adorable.
;)
(yep... using emos definitely feels unnatural to me)

The Mom Jeans article was headlining on AOL... which only means it has to be 100% true... riiight? (Oh, my sweet, sweet AOL)

Oh! And also, your blog makes me smile, so I see how reading a blog can be chosen over, say, grading papers or writing a thesis.