Sunday, April 22, 2007

Backstabbing in Alphabetical Order

I offered to give my cousin's wife a ride to work today. We're pretty cool since we're close in age rage (she's 19, I'm 22) and we tend to talk about things. Our conversations are mostly about boys with equal participation from both sides... although sometimes I do tune her out because... well... her man's my cousin. It's a little rough listening to her describe their intimacies when all I can think about is:

Damn... I never, ever thought I'd be this cool with the wife of the scrawny little bitch-boy who'd cry each time we tagged him out during baseball... the little bastard who'd terrorize the neighborhood riding his little red tricycle in steel-tipped cowboy boots and cowboy hat.

However, today I noticed she wasn't very talkative. Instead, the girl was listening to my CD.
Heh-heh... I know, I know... I'm a great DJ! (I thought)

Then I paid closer attention to the song that was playing:

Y el viento de mi vida me levanta,

Con mis alas tan quebradas de luchar
Subire una montaña,
Cerraré mis ojos y voy a volar

Volveré a amar,

volveré a vivir
Volveré a sentir mi corazón.
Mi cuerpo sentirá el fuego una vez más
Voy a renacer,
Volver a empezar,
Y volveré a amar
(Ale Guzman)

All right... a little sad... but whatever...

Next song:

Si yo quería ser esa mujer,

la madre de tus hijos.
Y juntos caminar hacia el altar
directo hacia la muerte.
Y al final ni hablar,
los dos nos destruimos.
Y al final, que tal?
Tu y yo ya no existimos.

No, No quiero ser esa mujer,
ella se fue a un abismo.
Y tuno eres aquel que prometió
seria mi súper héroe. Y que
todo acabo, no queda mas
seremos dos extraños. Yo
te olvidare, me olvidaras
hasta nunca.
(Belanova)

Woops! She's still a newly-wed... let's just skip that...

Next song's short and sweet:

Este no es un dia muy normal,

lo mejor seria no pensar.
De este lado algo puede occurrir
y no sé si voy a resistir.
Siento que me han escogido
pues unos ojos me miran sólo a mi
Esto alguien ya me lo contó
que sientes asfixia al salir,
pero ésto nunca lo esperé,
a esta presión quién puede vivir.
Otra vez en mi elemento pero en espacio pequeño,
no hay arriba, no hay abajo, todo es movimiento.
Y ahora creo saber que algún ser me lleva
ya a un gran lugar.
Creo que estoy a punto de salir
pues la asfixia vuelve a occurir,
mas mi cuerpo cae sobre algo gris
y el agua comienza a escurrir.
¿Qué nadie se ha dado cuenta?
o será mi nuevo hogar,
¿Qué nadie se ha dado cuenta?
o será este mi final.
(Cafe Tacuba)

So, I lied about the sweet... the song's about a fish that gets flushed down a toilet and he's slowly dying on a dry portion of the sewer... ok... but maybe she didn't catch on?

Then this one begins:

Right now he's probably slow dancing with a bleach blonde tramp,

and she's probably getting frisky...
right now, he's probably buying her some fruity little drink cause she can't shoot whiskey...
Right now, he's probably up behind her with a pool-stick, showing her how to shoot a combo...
And he don't know...
That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
carved my name into his leather seats...
(Carrie Underwood)


Fuckkk, yes... ok, I'm bitter... so what?! That's what I get for driving around with a CD that's burned in alphabetical order...
I turned off the CD and turned on the radio.

Cousin-in-law: Damn, AnoMALIE... are you ok?
Me: Yeah! I'm fine, dude. That CD just got burned in alphabetical order...
CIL: You know... you can always talk to me about it.

Shit, dude... I just like sad songs, ok?
Me: Alright, cool.

We're both mute, all you hear is reggaeton on the radio. I DESPISE reggaeton, but I'll leave it there just so she doesn't listen to the next song on the CD. What song? This one:

Vientos que te aceleren.
Aunque el tiempo pase,
algunas marcas quedan.
Sueños que se ven romper.
Con pasos solitarios,vuelvo otra vez

Y buscarás un nuevo sol,
cuando las nubes se abran.
No olvidarás todolo que nos dijimos.
Porque en tu sangre mis palabras
Llevarás contigo.
(Libido)

We listened to Daddy Yankee go off about ripping stuff (Why, oh why is that song so catchy?!). We were quiet for about five minutes when CIL finally spoke up.

CIL: Well???
Me: What? You don't think I want to talk about it now, do you?
CIL: Whatever, man, you're hopeless.


I know my cousins are enjoying wedded bliss right now, and that the girl's all about love and happiness (I mean, my cousin was her first and only boyfriend, so she doesn't know what it's like to get torn to pieces by a douche bag) while I'm gloom and doom. I'm not about to ruin that (usually) short, placid, period with my horrid love stories and how things can take a turn for the worst over something as simple as... not wanting to attend a Valentine's Day party (while your significant other still goes and then proceeds to impregnate a hoe and then have that ruin your Bunnies-and-Bon-Bons kind of life). I mean... that shit can't happen to everybody, right?

I'll just let her keep thinking I'm the Ice Queen... that needs to listen to happier music.
Who cares if in all reality I do, but I just have a greater affinity for songs with titles like "Resentment" that have lyrics like:

"I know she was attractive, but I was here first.
Been ridin' with you for six years (Holler! Same here! Tell 'em girl!), why did I deserve
To be treated this way by you, you?
I know you're probably thinking, 'What's up with Bee?'
I've been crying for too long. What did you do to me?
I used to be so strong, but now you took my soul.
I'm crying. Can't stop crying. Can't stop crying!
You could of told me that you wasn't (ew, I hate that right there) happy.
I know you didn't wanna hurt me.
But look what you done-done to me, now.
I gotta look at her in her eyes and see she's had half of me.
How could you lie?"

Damn, good stuff right there, Bee.

No comments: