Saturday, May 10, 2008

"Why you cryin'?!"

Myspace looks more like Facebook with the passing of days.

It was a couple of weeks ago that I noticed Myspace had added "Apps" to their site.
Of course, the reason I learned this, was because so many people added the "Truth Box" application to their site.

From my list of friends, it appeared that guys were the most eager to get people to sign it.
"Wanna let me know how you really feel?! Then use my damn Truth Box!!! It's Anonymous!"
And so on.

Alright, want me to be honest? You don't have to ask me twice (although a couple of friends posted about 5 bulletins letting us know that we better sign the damn thing, so I signed in order to get my damn page from showing me *Bassist buddy* had posted five bulletins, each two minutes apart, about his fucking Truth Box).

So I go off on a truth-telling binge with these dudes.
The most mention-worthy is *Bassist Buddy*. I told him how I think he's awesome, how I'm so glad he's happy with his new girl, how I appreciate his friendship since 7th grade, and since we were already talking about 7th grade, yeah, I had a mad crush on him back then and that's why I'd leave the area each time he came near me.

He responded all chirpy and happy, typical man after being told he's attractive. We caught up on each other's lives... then he invited me to some concert for a band I don't really care about.

I was so high from making someone's day with my truth-telling, that I went ahead and did another one yesterday... another Truth Box comment, that is.
This time, I went all out.
I seriously dug deep and let the kid have it.
Which kid was it?
Artistic Boy.
I told him exactly what I thought.
Yes... especially how STUPID I felt when he came out... and no, not because he was gay or anything, but because he allowed me and a couple of other friends to go on fighting with BigMouth over Artistic Boy writing that note to HotColorBlindMormon Boy. That I felt bad knowing he had opted to go through that kind of ostracism alone, rather than have us all with him, showing him support.
So someone's gay... SO WHAT?! Don't suffer alone thinking we're going to banish you from the group... maybe if you were a pedophile we'd drop you like a sack of potatoes... but... nah man, sexual orientation has nothing to do with who we choose to associate.

Well... that response led to Artistic Boy crying... and us having one of the most heartfelt conversations ever... to the point where I was semi-uncomfortable.

I guess... he didn't know that we ALL knew about the letter he had written... he thought HotColorBlindMormon Boy had only shown BigMouth and some female friend of Artistic Boy.
I told him, only after he asked, that in fact, we ALL knew... well... all us Senior AP kids. If you had an AP class, then... you... probably knew what was going on... sorry, dude... but it's true... it spread like wild fire.
However, I did let him know that most of us were supportive of him and we just turned against HotColorBlindMormon Boy [and his homophobic, quick-to-damn-others crew] and BigMouth.

Then I ended it all by telling him to "Quit crying, already!"

I'm tough, I know... it's the Mexican in me.

And as for the Truth Box... well... fuck that [I'll keep filling them out because I'm a masochist].

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I fucking hate Myspace.

Now that I have that off my chest, I'll read past the first sentence of this post...

AnoMALIE said...

Just for that, I'm adding you on Facebook! haha

Native Minnow said...

I've only seen one person on my friends list with a truth box. I might go on it and say, "I think your truth box is annoying."

Unknown said...

I think you added me on Facebook, but I denied it because I don't know your real name, haha.

Try again.