Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New Rules

Just because I never change doesn't mean others won't.
I tend to forget that, and get ass hurt when I notice a change in someone.

Such is the case with Artistic Boy.

I remember in high school when the rumor spread that he was gay. I stood up for him and told people they were jack asses for "spreading a vicious lie."
"Supposedly" Artistic Boy sent a note to HotColorBlindMormon Boy professing his love for him... and while HotColorBlindMormon Boy was super cool with everybody (when he wasn't busy climbing walls and shit... or eating his boogers--that was disgusting, I've caught him a total of 3 times doing that. Plain fucking sick, and the quickest way to get me to stop thinking you're attractive) he wasn't cool with gays.
So, HotColorBlindMormon Boy went about and told the biggest mouth of the Senior Nerd Class. According to word of mouth, HotColorBlindMormon Boy had the note and showed it to BigMouth.
It didn't take long before everyone was going around in our AP English Lit class whispering and then staring at Artistic Boy.

Since Artistic boy was super shy, and new to school... I though he was too mortified to clarify the "rumor." So a couple of my friends and I decided to be up front with Artistic Boy and we asked him what the deal was (because earlier we confronted BigMouth and he swore up and down that he had been shown physical evidence that Artistic Boy had a crush on HotColorBlindMormon Boy, like all us girls).
Artistic Boy said it was a vile lie... and of course, I being a dumb ass who empathizes too quickly, believed him (and then went on and on about what a dickhead BigMouth was).

Well... once Artistic Boy graduated high school (a year after I did), he ::ta-da!:: came out of the closet!
I felt sort of angry, not because he was gay--not at all!-- but because he let me make a fool of myself by talking shit about BigMouth (who's a good friend of mine now. Better to have those people on your side, I say).
Even so, I still showed him my full support. It's none of my business who a person finds attractive (he did admit to sending the note to HotColorBlindMormon Boy... to which I said "OMG... you thought a Mormon Boy would like you back?" then later, to fix my mistake, I said "You know... he eats his buggers. I've caught him. Twice!" I also sent him a text on the third time I caught HotColorBlindMormon Boy eating his treasure one day before getting to UNLV--that's right, we were in college the last time I saw HotColorBlindMormon Boy eat his buggers).

Things were fine and dandy... even after he left to LA to follow his dreams of becoming a writer (as is the story with most idiots who go to LA). I maintained a friendship with him over the internet (Myspace, baby) for about six months... I even read some of his fucking eternal "short" stories (he had about 13 parts to the damn thing! I called it quits once he reached part 6, thinking "How fucking far can you take this shit? I love you, kid, but enough is enough!") and gave him feedback he seemed to appreciate.
Once I stopped reading his stories though, he became distant.

I thought I was being dumb, you know... just overanalyzing shit like some sort of jealous girlfriend.
But no... most certainly not.
He's been in town now for a while... and today I realized:
This fucking kid thinks he's the next George Lucas! Steven Spielberg in the making?
WTF?! He no longer wants to hang out with the Plebes? Well, fuck this shit.
I guess Hollywood changes a person... even when they have yet to hit the big time.

Shit dude, I think come July 7, I too must change.

New rules in effect 07-07-2007:
Girls: You ain't rockin' Christian Louboutin heels, or Christian Lacroix couture... fuck you. You ain't rolling with this chick. Also, you must have suffered from at least one eating disorder... and you must have at least one dysfunctional parent.
Boys: If you've never owned a Rolex... fuck you... stay away. This high roller needs... someone who can at least own his own mini island. Oh, and you must also enjoy talking about the rule of thirds, the color wheel, and begin all your sentences with a catchy hook.

Yeah... fuck that. Why the hell are people such fucking assholes?
Man, am I tired and cranky!

7 comments:

Mooney said...

Are you serious!? I remember when I met him, I thought he was adorable. Lol.

Well screw him.

And I think I might just head over to Maryland. Perhaps go to U of M. I know, so far...but I need to stay this far from the parentals. Keeps them off my back.

Darien and I are doing great. Tonight was amazing and we talked so much about everything. I'm on cloud nine!!!!!!

AnoMALIE said...

Hmm... just adorable? ::wink, wink::

Anyway... you sure you wanna go that far out? I understand the getting away from parents thing (I mean, I was inches away from doing it myself by getting into Med school. But fuck that shit), pero aren't you gonna miss everybody else?
I'm just saying, if it's to stay close to Darien... well... think very hard about that one. Would he do the same thing for you?

Yeah, I know I'm a party pooper... but that's what a scardy cat like me does.
:)

Kelley Karas said...

Not to change the subject, but do you know on th off chance where I could find second hand non Dior Christian stuff? ;-) I need to get in line with the rules, even if I wear the same outfit everyday for a year...

And.. are manolo blahnik flats an acceptable substitute?

AnoMALIE said...

No, and no.
j/k
I guess... other acceptable shoes are: Jimmy Choo, Chanel, and maybe... maybe Roberto Cavalli... if that bitch even makes nice shoes anymore.
As for clothing... I suppose the rule could be extended to "must wear appropriate clothing made by a Christian." Christian as in the name of the designer... although... I can add in theology as well, to be much more of an asshole.

However, all rules subject to change, by me!

Native Minnow said...

What kind of catchy hooks are you talking about here? And, does a catchy enough hook trump the lack of Rolexes and mini islands in one's belongings? Just wonderin'.

Mooney said...

Thanks prima, but it's still to be decided what I'm going to do. I'm probably going to visit him before my program ends just to see what it's like down there. But everything's not set in stone yet.

I wanted to try and convince him to go to school down in Vegas...but eh. Futile efforts.

I'm stuck between a rock and a very hard place.

AnoMALIE said...

Catchy hooks: the opening to essays/stories that makes a reader stay interested. They bitched to me about this throughout my school days, now I'm putting it to use.
The dude will have to be a Hemingway or Fitzgerald in order for me to over-look the lack of Rolexes and mini-islands.
I'm turning into a super-duper shallow bitch come 07-07-07.
However, I suppose those who knew me prior to the date will be granted plenary indulgence (and hey, they might be given Rolexes and Christian shoes... because my crew will not be allowed to walk around like regular plebes. No, no)... unless I just don't like you.

Mooney, I guess you can't blame Darien for not wanting to come to Vegas... I mean, who really wants to change from a Maryland school to UNLV? If there is someone out there, they deserve to be shot, cause they're obviously not using their head. Keep me posted on your decision!