Monday, March 3, 2008

Oh no...

Well...

Saturday's birthday ranks in my top 5 of worst birthdays... nah, let's call it a top 3... because I've never really had HORRIBLE birthdays... most often, they're pretty rad... I can only think of... two other bad birthdays (surprise, surprise, they both landed on Ash Wednesday)... then there's my 20th birthday. It's not top 3 because I did have fun until the last 20 minutes of it when I totally lost it and started bawling due to the incredible exasperation I felt.
So... here are the reason (if anyone cares.... oh fuck, did I turn Emo with this new birthday?):
1) My Dad didn't wish me a happy birthday.
2) My siblings weren't home (I'm used to not having my bro... finally... but being sister-less sucked balls)
3) Mr. Darcy forgot. First time in 3 years. (a ton of people forgot, but who gives a shit? I wanted him to remember, and that's what matters. He's always so creative when it comes to wishing me a happy birthday...)
4) This thing never seems to end. (no matter how much I tell daddy to not hold off getting tested, he won't listen. He's unusually chill about it all. He went to this place... I think it was October... it might have been September? This news, while it no longer upset me, does still piss me off... PRIME example of why I said FUCK IT to being a doctor. Too many stupid motherfuckers who only see dollar signs in patients instead of caring for their actual well-being... it drains the fucking life out of you)
5) I had a terrible headache the entire day... and it decided to last an extra 24 hours onto yesterday.
6) This wonderful birthday gift dad gave me as I headed out on my birthday:

Dad: Mija... so have you heard the news?
Me: (Smile) ... no...
Dad: Ok... well... don't tell anybody, it's a sensitive matter.
(I STILL smile... I'm such a retard. He always talks about money with me--that's what I thought he was going to do, since recently, it's become a very serious matter-- because I'm the one who'll pat him in the back or jump up with glee. I dare you not to smile when someone gives you an eight-digit number... I DARE you!)
Me: O...k
Dad: They kidnapped Walrus'* youngest son in TJ.
Me: ... so... they finally accomplished it?
Dad: Yeah... Walrus paid the ransom... but they didn't give him his son back...
(I'm gaping... I can't shut my mouth no matter how hard I try)
Me: Oh my God... that's awful....
Dad: Walrus' brothers and sisters know... and His-Snitch-Sister-In-Law told Dad'sCousin who then told Mom'sGoddaughter... who then told the world.
Me: Oh my God...

(* Not actual name, duh)

Instead of going out like I had originally planned... I just went to church... dazed... and came back home... dazed.
I've been handling this bad headache... and I've been sort of nauseous since getting the news.
I'm in awe that anyone would do this... to ANYONE. It's... so... terrible.
My Dad brags WAY more than Walrus when it comes to money... so the news was like... a double whammy. I've reminded dad about three times since: YOU see what happens when you let people know how much money you have?!
Jesus Christ... as if I wasn't paranoid enough.
Anyway... my heart goes out to the family... and I can't help but frown each time I think of the pain they must be facing right now, not knowing where... how... their son is.

March, baby, why so fucking... weird? I love you, don't you love me? We had enjoyed 22 years together in perfect harmony (ok, I'll admit, when Selena got shot and killed in 1995, I was pretty upset with you)... and this is what you give me in 2008? Thanks, bitterass bitch...

P.S. Lovin' the wind, slut.

3 comments:

Native Minnow said...

Seriously, you know and witness so much stuff that only belongs in movies. What a scary situation (how retarded does that sound? Seriously. But I couldn't think of another way to phrase it).

Mooney said...

It's nuts, I know.

Atleast you didn't get in a car accident. My poor car looks bad.

I have Becoming Jane, if you wanna watch it.

AnoMALIE said...

NM- And that's only half of the stuff that happens... the dramas of being from Durango... those people get into all sorts of problems.

Mooney- OH NO!! You got in a car accident?? You're ok, right?
Fucking March... why is it being so damn hostile this year?
P.S. I do believe I watched that one... no, no I didn't... I'm confusing it with, I think it was called "Jane Austen Regrets" or something like that.
Damn Masterpiece Theater wasn't on this Sunday... I was so pissed.
Anyway, I'll see if I can drop by your place this week... si no, pues, hasta Abril me espero.
:]