Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!

Spain....

La madre patria...

La cosa mas hermosa que he visto en mi vida.

I'm madly... absolutely madly in love with Spain.

Oh yeah, I'm alive.

I could have been telling another story though.... London was fucking horrible. The plane had to circle around the airport for thirty minutes because it was "unsafe" to land due to high wind speeds.
So, we're circling, right? Next thing you know, the plane just dives... and we all scream... yes... I used the all inclusive "we."
I added to the drama by holding on to my arm rest and then screaming.
It did this for a while, each time less people would scream.
Then came the finale, when we landed.... that was a bitch.
The plane tilted to the right (I was on the left... and couldn't see how close the wing got to the floor), and all the people on that side screamed.
The lady to my right was "persinandose" i.e. making the sign of the cross repeatedly on her forehead.
When the plane got back to normal position... a ton of folks clapped (not inclusive this time... because while I felt like kissing the pilots, I refrained from clapping because I think that's tacky... and it was already done by those one passengers in that other plane that actually did touch the surface).

Other than that story... everything went... eh. Oh! On the London-Bilbao flight I was so exhausted and incoherent.... that I became a somewhat belligerent idiot.
They were playing this techno-ish music as we were boarding. I thought I was only thinking this, but apparently I actually mumbled "This is so gay..." as I was streaming in and out of consciousness in my seat.
I also woke up one of the times with a smile across my face...
Another time, I was hunched over my armrest and in the way of the aisle.
I guess it bugged the guy sitting next to me (he was window seat) because he actually got up and traded seats, far far away from me.
Yes.
I'm an imbecile when working with only 10 hours of sleep... I'm an absolute, grade-A pendeja working on only 3 (You see, the British Airways flight I didn't sleep because the motherfucker in front of me decided he was going to spend the entire flight leaned all the way back. I had the urge to ask him if he just wanted to rest his head on my lap... but I decided to stay quiet and only glare at him... which worked magic because the sweet, angel, flight attendant was VERY rude to him. I wish I could buy her flowers... or gold, as a sign of my gratitude. Also, I was so into the movies... that I found only 3 hours to sleep... I watched No Country for Old Men, Into the Wild--SADDDDD! But I loved it!-- and some Atonement. Then I listened to the entirety of a Brahms album, Beethoven album, Frank Sinatra album, some Ella Fitzgerald, Rascal Flatts, and Manu Chau... would you sleep knowing all this shit was available to you for free? Fuck that!).

Anyway...
I think I'll post often... sometimes even with pictures... this place is like a dream.... so tiny... green... undoubtedly wonderful.
Plus... I'm popular here... the kids like me... they say my name correctly (it's so strange... I feel like I fit right in! But I also have to correct MYSELF when introducing myself to someone... because I'm so used to saying my name like a gringa)... and the boys... they all wanna know me... hahaha!
And which boy did I like? The blond, blue-eyed, 6 foot 4, nineteen year old Lake-Tahoe-Native.
That's right... I'm a cradle robber.
My sister's roommate, while admittedly handsome (tall, dark... with dimples. You know, very Mario-Lopez-Like... if Mario Lopez were half Indian)... is just... too into drinking and smokin' weed for me to swoon over him (Last night, when I first met him, he was panting--from riding his bike so fast home-- drunk, and slightly high. He told TravelinDin and I a story concerning his new gang of friends... at 1 o'clock in the morning. Then he caught himself in the middle of it, and wondered aloud "Wait... why am I telling you this?").

I'll stick to the tall, cute, has-been-legal-for-only-one-year boy who makes me laugh...

I LOVE SPAIN!!!!
(I saw the ocean today!!)

No comments: