Monday, December 10, 2012

Da? Ja? What?

Week long writing-free vacation!
Totally unintentional, always that thing where I plan on writing, but something comes up.
I guess I'll just talk about the most important thing to happen this past week:
I Skyped with my godson.

It was the strangest interaction, which left me so confused.
I felt excited, and happy, and sad, and mad... and... just too much.

Overall, he's a happy boy. He loves his job. He loves his new home.
All of this makes me smile, and clearly I'm happy to hear it all, but I'm most excited, and at peace, because he also finished his degree.

There is one tiny thing that throws me off, slightly, and it's that he has found a new love for metaphysics.
That creeps me out a bit... especially since he now suddenly and randomly is fluent in Russian and German.
Did you suffer an accident and now you're like those people who randomly acquire the knowledge of a foreign language? What the heck?!

However, by the end of our three-hour conversation, he was back to his normal self. He was not being philosophical, he was not smiling eerily, he was not being arrogant... he was being MY KID.

It felt good to reconnect.
I hope his life keeps going on that upward spiral he has suddenly found. I hope bad influences stay the fuck away.

No comments: