Monday, December 31, 2012

The good, the bad, the departed.

I had to wait until the last day of the year to finally do the inevitable:
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly of 2012.
First, THE GOOD:
This year, I made a freakish amount of new friends. Really cool friends. I used to be proud of myself when I made two new friends in a year... then this year gets all fucking crazy on me and is like "Here, dude, here's 50 new people. Enjoy."
I can't pinpoint which person is my favorite, not even a top ten... since they're all pretty cool. Shit, I even have a new family, the Costa Rican family-- they're awesome.

The traveling was good too. I didn't do as much as I did in previous years, but the places visited this year were fun. I will ALWAYS be a happy camper when given the opportunity to travel. Now, with this new car, road trips will be much easier and convenient, since I don't pay for diesel.

A yes, the new car. That's definitely a very good thing of 2012.

THE BAD:
Tyson dying.

The Ugly:
The fighting. I fought A LOT this year. With everyone. What a shithead, I was. My bad.
Then there was that was the whole departure thing. The ending of things.
I can't say whether they were good or bad... since there tends to be a little bit of both when it comes to cycles ending. Of people and things leaving.
Initially it tends to hurt... like getting a facial peel. Your face burns and reddens... but after a while, new cells emerge and you're a-ok, often looking better than before that nasty chemical peel to your face.


At the start of the year, I was told this year was "the year of cycles ending." That whole numerology bullshit goes from 1-9, I think? And this year was my 9. Evidently the changes were going to hurt, but then I have that excitement of new things beginning.
I've always been shitty at starting new shit. But I guess I should kinda try to change that tendency.

As trite as this might be this time of year:
Cheers, to a new beginning.
I'll quit being a stubborn jackass.

No comments: