Friday, December 21, 2012

Yup, didn't happen.

Another Armageddon comes and goes. (Seriously, you thought I wouldn't mention this shit considering how horrible this lame ass subject made my childhood? Come on now, you should know me better than that by now)

The first time I heard of this day being "the end" was back in my sophomore year of high school.
I remember the class was World History, and for some reason, my weirdo teacher decided to talk about it. I think the manner in which the subject was reached was that we were talking about the Mayan civilization, and so she went on and on about December 21, 2012.
She laughed.
I sat there sick to my stomach.
Another psycho idiot trying to end my world. Great.
As usual, I counted my age for the day. For a 15 year old, 27 seemed fucking geriatric.
I proceeded to take mental note of all the shit I wish I would accomplish by that ill-fated date.
I'll be fresh out of medical school... I'll live on my own... if I'm lucky I'll have  boyfriend by then, but obviously not married, since I would have spent all my time studying and all that shit... sucks balls we won't get to spend another Christmas together.
Ah, to be young and hopeful. MISERABLY failed that mental note.
I probably held on to my virginity because I subconsciously prepared to be volunteered for the Virgin Sacrifice to save the world... since that's what clearly kept the world going back in the days of the Mayas.
Never had a good reason for my reluctance to bang... that's as good as my excuse will get.

Winter Solstice also reminds me of my high school calculus teacher. He very adorably made us calculate how/why this day is the longest/darkest night of the year. That man was so good at educating people about the fantastic ways of math. Bless his heart.

Darkest night.
Tu regreso había esperado, mas te veía muy feliz. En los brazos de tu amada te olvidaste tú de mí. Mas ahora que recuerdas, á mis brazos vuelves ya. Seré por siempre tu amante... 
Tu novia, La Soledad.
P.S. Y si alguna vez regresas con aquella que te amó, sabes no será lo mismo... pues también me conoció.

No comments: